gear ratio question

• Discuss gear ratio question in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i want to change my sproket from 39t to 36t, cos running at 39t's harder to control the speed+the bike for me since the bike goes quite far after i... ...
  • Tags bike
D

dressed2kill

gear ratio question post #1
i want to change my sproket from 39t to 36t, cos running at 39t's harder to control the speed+the bike for me since the bike goes quite far after i pedal few cranks, but changing into a 36t mgiht seem to b the same as 39t since theres only 3teeth differences, so is it better to change into smaller ie 33t? but not too small so i hardly move

M

Mr_Shrapnel

gear ratio question post #2
if you have a 14t freewheel, generally a 38-39 sprocket, is generally ideal, whoever, if you really do find it hard to use, and dont use the max top speed, you could go down to a smaller sprocket, however i would not go below 36, 3 teeth can, and does make alot of difference.

D

dressed2kill

gear ratio question post #3
cool, so what spocket u recommend me to buy, i live in Uk+i'm prob. gonna get 1s with a guard as well+prob. in middle range price.

K

keep it real

gear ratio question post #4
why do people say like "only 3 teeth difference"?
If you take out some teeth it makes the diamater (how ever its spelt) smaller and everything different.... I don't think it makes only a little difference...

F

fitbike rulz

gear ratio question post #5
look on cycle sport ltd in ride mags they have a 36th fbm sprocket with guard for 30 quid
those things last 4 eva

D

dressed2kill

gear ratio question post #6
cool, do i need any particular tools to remove my old sprockets then?

O

orangebeast91489

gear ratio question post #7
i changed from 18t fw to a 16t and it made huge difference..plus my 16t sounds nice

New Topics