Front brakes... and now

• Discuss Front brakes... and now in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Well, I was making my bike lighter... Took my kick stand off, removed things I don't need and such. Then I was looking at my brakes, tryed to fix my... ...
  • Tags bike street
C

Colorblinded

Front brakes... and now post #1
Well, I was making my bike lighter...
Took my kick stand off, removed things I don't need and such.
Then I was looking at my brakes, tryed to fix my back ones, make them tighter and what not. Then I went to my front ones, turned the bolt on it and snap, the damn thing broke off. So I took my front brakes completely off. Then I was trying to get the actually brake lever off... I couldnt get my grip off, to slide the lever off, and I just broke my lever. Now I CAN'T go back to front brakes. I decided I will only ride street now on, and any flat I can do with no brakes that is easy. I wanted to know if it was a good thing, breaking my brake or not and removing it. And what are some tricks that I can start trying for street. And what are things to look for in town to ride on and stuff, because I have a small town and it is hard to find things, if I know what to look for, it would make it easier. Any good street websites would be more than welcome also. Thanks in advance!

R

Red One

Front brakes... and now post #2
so apparently your the hulk....snapping bolts and shit with your bare hands

i suggest you take a break from the steroids next time you mess around with the brakes

C

Colorblinded

Front brakes... and now post #3
lol.... but I wasn't angry (being the HULK and all)
So I don't think that was the problem :p

T

thumpgun

Front brakes... and now post #5
You can always find something to ride. Just look and use your imagination. Try riding things that you never thought of before. There's no limit on riding, just make it up as you go. And have fun.

V

Van_Homan

Front brakes... and now post #6
meh i dont even like front breaks i just use my foot.. one of the first things i did when i got my bike was take the front breaks off :lol:

C

Colorblinded

Front brakes... and now post #7
evanc is high or something, I didn't say I wanted my brakes back...

odd... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Anyways, I'm gonna go looking for stuff, I wana learn to grind rails and stuff and I found one that isn't too steep, maybe that would be good for learning?

415fsxrules

Front brakes... and now post #8
i dont even bother with brakes no more it is pointless

C

Colorblinded

Front brakes... and now post #9
That's what I am beginning to think, next time I go out, I am going to see if I even use my brakes.....untill a car is coming my way :wink:

T

Twiztid_Missy

Front brakes... and now post #10
kickstand, i havent heard that in a LONG time
i should've made my sn kickstand

C

Colorblinded

Front brakes... and now post #11
what you just said makes no sense at all :roll:

Poseidon

Poseidon

Front brakes... and now post #12
Uhm

It makes perfect sense, you must have a problem with comprehension, homeslice.

C

Colorblinded

Front brakes... and now post #13
Right...

Uhm.... So obviously he doesn't know what one is or something.

I

infantry43RIDER

Front brakes... and now post #14
or since no one uses them on there bike he has heard the term kickstand in a long time.... :roll: made sence...

415fsxrules

Front brakes... and now post #15
a kickstand on a bmx someone bought there bike from walmart :D

V

Van_Homan

Front brakes... and now post #16
Colorblinded said:
Right...

Uhm.... So obviously he doesn't know what one is or something.
haha becuz ne true rider doesnt have a kickstand lol

A

anti-flag

Front brakes... and now post #17
i think the rear brake is the only one you really use so i dont see why you would keep the front.

A

anti-flag

Front brakes... and now post #18
k i got a kinda stupid question but would you need a front brake to do nose stalls? not that i can do or plan on trying them anytime soon just kinda wondering

I

infantry43RIDER

Front brakes... and now post #19
no you don't need front brakes for nose stalls...just jam your foot in the fork...

8)

L

leon_luxton

Front brakes... and now post #20
infantry43RIDER said:
no you don't need front brakes for nose stalls...just jam your foot in the fork...

8)
i hate doin that cos i always go over the bars and get hurt

New Topics