freewheel removal

• Discuss freewheel removal in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ok, i cant get this free wheel off... been pounding on it with hammer and screw driver for long long time really really hard reason why i think its... ...
  • Tags bike
S

sentaafEQpovar

freewheel removal post #1
ok, i cant get this free wheel off... been pounding on it with hammer and screw driver for long long time really really hard

reason why i think its not coming off....

at many points the hub this freewheel has been on, well this hub at many points rolled absolutely horrible, i mean when u spun the tire it would not move.... if u even wanted the back wheel to move, you had to pull on the wheel to gwet it to move.. most ppls hubs are like when u spin, it keeps spinning for like a good 5 min....

wheel i think the fact that the hub was rteally not spinny good at all has a lot to do with why the freewheel is tuck on for the reasons being.....

when i would pedal, it would force the freewheel to scre on a lot tighter before it got the wheel moving, so overtime, it over tightened the **** out of my freewheel onto the hub

so what do you all recommend? pound the **** out of it for an other hour or two... or even 10 or what?

as of now, ive spent two hours punding at it and have seen no progress, and im using a big hand mallot too... not one of those pussy ass hammers

F

federal_rider12

freewheel removal post #2
freewheels tighten up when pedaling the way you pedal you put pressure on it and it tightens on you will need to buy a freewheel remover and im guessing you will need a 4 prong remover(look at the front of it if it is a pile of junk it will have no prongs if it has 2 prongs it is a smaller freewheel and i think it would be a dicta) it will take alot of pressure to loosen the freewheel so when you get the remover put it on then put on the axle nut to keep the remover in place but dont tighten it down to the freewheel remover just leave a bit of space then loosen the freewheel once it is loose remove the nut and remove the freewheel

M

Mr_Shrapnel

freewheel removal post #3
freewheels can be a real pain if you dont have the correct tools, and i really am sorry to say this, but if you cant do it, take it to a bike shop, they will have all the corrct tools and stuff you know?

S

sentaafEQpovar

freewheel removal post #4
i had to pay 4 ****ing dollars for 15 seconds worth of labor... im angry

D

Devourment 138

freewheel removal post #5
should of paid 8 and got the tool yourself. And you wouldn't have to go through that again.....where is phoeby anyway?

S

sentaafEQpovar

freewheel removal post #6
he got banned, and they didnt have any freewheel removers for sale

F

federal_rider12

freewheel removal post #7
ok thats *** but there are some department and sports stores that carry like haro, diamondback, gt or bikes along that line that carry tools including freewheel remover

M

My bike sucks

freewheel removal post #8
so is there any way to remove a freewheel without a freewheel tool?

K

keep it real

freewheel removal post #9
to remove a freewheel without a tool, use a hamer and somthing like a screw driver or somthing... pund at it for aggess and she comes off...

M

My bike sucks

freewheel removal post #10
thanks, i'll give it a try

New Topics