freewheel porblem

• Discuss freewheel porblem in the BMX Racing forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i got a redline proline 24" and when i go fast and jump or hit a little bump my freewheel starts grinding almost(i dont know how to explain the noise)... ...
S

sebikemotox90

freewheel porblem post #1
i got a redline proline 24" and when i go fast and jump or hit a little bump my freewheel starts grinding almost(i dont know how to explain the noise). Anyone else have this prolblem or know how to fix it?

M

marks86

freewheel porblem post #2
sorry bro I need alittle more detail to help you with the problem

L8Braker

L8Braker

freewheel porblem post #3
Sounds like you need to clean the freewheel. If you have the tools remove the freewheel and soak in some kind of solvent (brake cleaner), use compressed air to blow out the solvent, then spray some WD-40 or simliar in the gap between the freewheel and housing. If you can't remove the freewheel get a can of brake clean with the small tube spray the cleaner in the gap between the freewheel and housing until clean. Blow out the brake clean, then lube with WD-40 or simliar.

S

sebikemotox90

freewheel porblem post #4
my bike is brand new i got it like a month ago could it already be that dirty?

L8Braker

L8Braker

freewheel porblem post #5
When I got a new 2003 Signature Series Cruiser after one ride at my very dusty track the freewheel was making a lot of noise, I cleaned it and the problem was solved.
Is there anymore detail you can give on the noise?

L8Braker

L8Braker

freewheel porblem post #6
Ok sebike....you have a new Redline Proline, so you should have cassette hubs, is this correct? If so, disregard my post about cleaning the freewheel. It sounds like you need to take it back to the shop where you purchased it and have them take a peek at it.

S

sebikemotox90

freewheel porblem post #7
yes i have cassette hubs. i was gunna bring it to the bike shop thanks.

S

sebikemotox90

freewheel porblem post #8
well i just got my bike back from the bike shop turns out its a chain tension deal. im thinking about lacing my rim with the other hub on my old bike b/c this noise is really annoying. anyone know how much it will cost to get this done at a bike shop?

New Topics