freeridng (mountain bike) to bmx

• Discuss freeridng (mountain bike) to bmx in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i ride mountain bikes mostly street style,and sum drops etc the whole freeride scene and i was riding a skatepark and decided that bmx seems alot more... ...
  • Tags bike bikes bmx bmx bike dirt jump mountain bike street vert
N

new_guy

freeridng (mountain bike) to bmx post #1
i ride mountain bikes mostly street style,and sum drops etc the whole freeride scene and i was riding a skatepark and decided that bmx seems alot more fun just cuz i get my jollies from landing new stuff and i can land big and more tech stuff on a bmx,so i was wondering if any1 here has converted and what ur guys think of it is? thanks

L

leon_luxton

freeridng (mountain bike) to bmx post #2
hey man and welcome..yeah sounds like a good idea to start BMX..what bmx ya gonna get? if ya need any help i am sure the guys on here can help :wink:

M

Mattarchy

freeridng (mountain bike) to bmx post #3
I MTB'd, took a year off in which time i wtached alot of bmx videos and started to lvoe it. This year i bought a bike and have been on it everyday.

that was 7 days ago, and i can almost do fufanus! :O

C

casperh

freeridng (mountain bike) to bmx post #4
if i wasnt bmxing i would be mountainbiking.. freestyle

W

William

freeridng (mountain bike) to bmx post #5
i did that too, i find the skills i learned mountian biking realy help with dirt jumps, geting air off of bowls, and doing some tricks. droping in on a mountian bike is alot like droping into a half pipe. your right bmxing is more fun, but you don't go as fast, or get as much air, but the bikes are easier to control.

N

new_guy

freeridng (mountain bike) to bmx post #6
im not sure i might get a volume black sheep or poverty buck 99, ya i was just tryin to do sprocket grinds,and just way to hard to nail them and the 26 inch wheels really get in the way, its not like mountain biking will ever be as good as bmx on the streets beacuse all the mountain bikes are just gettin smaller wheels shorter chain stays and goin single speed i figured i should just go straight to bmx cuz thats what the mtn bike industry is doin, but im still goin to ride mtn bike on dirt jumps and downhill just prob no more street, so u guys got any tips on what bikes to buy thanks

New Topics