freecoster?

• Discuss freecoster? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i just broke my hub is it worth buying a freecoaster it looks neet and i ride street and ride revert/fakie alot does any one no of disitvantages of... ...
T

TaTe28

freecoster? post #1
i just broke my hub is it worth buying a freecoaster it looks neet and i ride street and ride revert/fakie alot does any one no of disitvantages of getting a freecoaster

BMXJunkie12

BMXJunkie12

freecoster? post #2
Get fakies on a cassette dialed before you even think about a freecoaster. And using a freecoaster can sometimes be harder than with a cassette/flip flop hub.

B

band aid

freecoster? post #3
ya it is harder to balance in fakie with a free. and if you just broke your hub, let me notify you that freecoasters need often maintenance.

skavenger21

skavenger21

freecoster? post #4
i got one and love it.

B

Barrymaxx

freecoster? post #5
I got to use one the other day. Its really different because ive been back peddling for such a long time. It made fakies harder for me, but I suppose with practice, you could use it to your advantage.

BMXJunkie12

BMXJunkie12

freecoster? post #6
I think rolling out is harder too. Like with my friends, you couldn't use crank pressure as the bike would just throw you backwars :lol: so the only way was to slide or half-cab.

Oh, and if your new to the sport or just aren't that good yet people will think your a trend whore.

Kr0n1K k1LL3R

Kr0n1K k1LL3R

freecoster? post #7
freecoaters are good when u start out with them, but if ur used to a cassette then it might throw you off not having to pedal backwards.

M

monkeyonabike

freecoster? post #8
you should get a new cassette hub thats really strong. your already used to backpedaling, why relearn how to fakie?

New Topics