Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs

• Discuss Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Correct me if I am wrong but freecoasters are hubs that allow you to go backwards without the pedals actually going backwards too. And with cassette... ...

Which do you ride?

• Cassette hub

Votes: 36 56.3%
  • Freecoaster

Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Doesn't matter

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
I

IFlipBMXBikes

Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs post #1
Correct me if I am wrong but freecoasters are hubs that allow you to go backwards without the pedals actually going backwards too. And with cassette hubs when you go backwards your bike pedals backwards. <Insert correction here>

Which do you ride and which do you prefer? What are some pros and cons of each? Which bikes come with freecoasters from the factory? And where might I order a freecoaster from to put on my bike that currently has a cassette hub? Any links would be great!

fitbike61

fitbike61

Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs post #3
this is a pretty stupid poll. does it matter to anybody if someone else has this certain part or not? just thought that it really does not matter how many people do freecoasters or not so i put doesnt matter. even tho i ride a freecoaster, it does not matter to others.

The Radness

The Radness

Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs post #4
The one and only way to figure out if you like a freecoaster is to ride one. Taking your chian of doesn't really do it. I mean yah you loose pedal power but there is no slack restriction. Find someone who has one, if you can't just buy one. You will sell it if you don't like it. There hot shit right now.

B

band aid

Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs post #5
they look like a lot of fun! i've tried making a ghetto freecoaster but it was laced to a single walled 28h rim...when i did a 180 it fold in half. :wink:

I

IFlipBMXBikes

Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs post #6
Can someone send me a link to a decent whole back rim with a freecoaster that I could order and then I could just swap it back and forth with my cassette whenever I like?

fitbike61

fitbike61

Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs post #7
^thats a good idea. but a good light freecoaster is a KHE and they dont sell stock coaster wheels so just get a custom. check www.albes.com

sledneckadam

sledneckadam

Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs post #9
How come there isn't an option both?

I will be riding both at the end of the month but until then I ride a freewheel hub.

Also KHE has a complete wheel with the geshia check out a store that stocks khe.

Since your from Canada I can help you out, check out any store that carry's lamberts stuff. Lambert is Canada's KHE distributor.

Where abouts in Canada are you from?

fitbike61

fitbike61

Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs post #10
u really dont know things about parts do u? ide say the best are any of the odyssey rims (7ka is the "best") or the G-sport ribcage. both are expensive but strong. if ur looking for light, the rhynolite is one of the lightest.

lalo pro

lalo pro

Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs post #11
yeah!! you should try a freecoaster, the best ones are the khe: geisha and reverse and the best rims the 7ka and ribcage for sure, a freecoaster is totally different, at the beginning it sucks but after a few time you get use to it

sledneckadam

sledneckadam

Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs post #12
yeah!! you should try a freecoaster, the best ones are the khe: geisha and reverse and the best rims the 7ka and ribcage for sure, a freecoaster is totally different, at the beginning it sucks but after a few time you get use to it
How can you say the reverse is the best? It's not even out yet. It's supposed to be the best.

fitbike61

fitbike61

Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs post #13
well yea i meant that. well u get the idea that theyre both top line stuff. ive heard nankai is good stuff

I

IFlipBMXBikes

Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs post #14
How come there isn't an option both?
I was just thinking about that. I wasn't going to put a poll on this thread, and the only reason I did was because I have never made a poll on any of my threads before. So for the guy that said the poll was stupid, there you go.

u really dont know things about parts do u?
I do know a fair bit about parts and bikes, but by no means do I know everything about every brand that is out there! I have also been out of the BMX game for 3-4 years and am just getting back into it. (I had a gf).

fitbike61

fitbike61

Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs post #15
ok. that makes sense since u just got back to it.

Jamie01

Jamie01

Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs post #16
cassettes all the way

sledneckadam

sledneckadam

Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs post #17
I was just thinking about that. I wasn't going to put a poll on this thread, and the only reason I did was because I have never made a poll on any of my threads before. So for the guy that said the poll was stupid, there you go.

I do know a fair bit about parts and bikes, but by no means do I know everything about every brand that is out there! I have also been out of the BMX game for 3-4 years and am just getting back into it. (I had a gf).
Gotcha :wink: Sorry if I seemed rude wasn't trying to be I was more shocked but seeing as this is your first poll it makes sense.

I

IFlipBMXBikes

Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs post #18
It's cool.

BMXMB

BMXMB

Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs post #19
I've a freecoaster!
A nenkai :D
But maby thats because I ride flatland :)

S

sHoRtY

Freecoasters vs Cassette Hubs post #20
KHE makes a complete bike with a giesha street freecoaster hub:
http://www.khebikes.de/ look at the impactPRO in street bikes

New Topics