Freecoaster Question

• Discuss Freecoaster Question in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I know this has probably already been asked, i tried searching but couldnt find anything, Ok so i dont know much about freecoasters and started... ...
J

JaredBmx

Freecoaster Question post #1
I know this has probably already been asked, i tried searching but couldnt find anything,

Ok so i dont know much about freecoasters and started looking into getting 1 but i was wondering if this is true. My friend told me that the bearings wear out or something and that u gotta work and replace the bearings ever month or two, I was wondering if this is true or not? Also can you please recommend what you think the best freecoaster would be?

Thanks

Lemontime

Lemontime

Freecoaster Question post #2
If you're just learning to coast you'll probably blow a driver bearing or two, but once you get the hang of it it should be fine..

J

JaredBmx

Freecoaster Question post #3
Ive riden friends freecoasters before, i know how to fakie.

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Freecoaster Question post #4
the tiny bearings on the KHE/Federal/Alienation freecoasters (all basically the same thing) blow up a lot. Nankai hubs have unsealed bearings and are therefore the strongest and most reliable.

A-J

A-J

Freecoaster Question post #5
iv havent had mine long, and my bearings literally just went again. its the 2nd time in one month. and i dont ride much either. but im getting them warrantied again, and this time there sending me bushings. hopefully it will last longer.

FeeblegrindBMXer

FeeblegrindBMXer

Freecoaster Question post #6
I havent had a problem with my bearings and ive had mine for 3 months. I think it all depends on how you ride like if you constantly engaging while going backwards or using pedal pressure for stuff its going to blow out. I use full slack so its really hard for any of this to happen and i havent blown a bearing yet. I have the v1 alienation

New Topics