Freecoaster hubs..

L

LuMpY

Freecoaster hubs.. post #1
Who here rides a freecoaster? Which hub is it and how do you like it? I want to build up a freecoaster wheel but bm cassette wheel is still holding up.

L

LuMpY

Freecoaster hubs.. post #3
You mean cassette? The rim is made by Alex. I personally don't like the company but I know a few people that have some of their nicer rims and they haven't said anything bad. I think the wheel will hold up fine. It's chrome too so your brake will grab better. Be sure to take it to a bike shop after a few mos. of riding to check the tension of the spokes.

RuLe

RuLe

Freecoaster hubs.. post #4
so whats the deal about it??? How Come i hear cassette are the best but when they are just a normal alex rim with spokes and a hub.... is the hub special or what? I never really had anyone explain whats the difference from normal alex rims then cassette rims....

L

LuMpY

Freecoaster hubs.. post #5
OK. The rim is the hoop on the outside the hub is the spiney thing in the middle. Whatever. A "standard" hub will use a freewheel for a gear like so..
A freewheel has the gears/pawls enclosed as a thread on unit. A cassette is an integral part of the hub(bearings and pawls built-in) that uses an individual cog for a driver like so..

RuLe

RuLe

Freecoaster hubs.. post #6
oooo ok i understand...... so will this make the bike louder when i stop pedaling?

Because i really like those bikes that are real loud when the freewheel stops but the tire is still moving.... so would it be louder or quiet

O

oibmxpunx

Freecoaster hubs.. post #7
RuLe said:
so whats the deal about it??? How Come i hear cassette are the best but when they are just a normal alex rim with spokes and a hub.... is the hub special or what? I never really had anyone explain whats the difference from normal alex rims then cassette rims....
ok the rim is not cassette the hub is a rim is the part that holds ur tire on and a wheel is the hub spokes and rim all together im just leting u know so dont think im bitching at u im just trying to help u out cuz if u go in to a bike shope and lets say u need a new wheel and u ask for a rim they will give u a rim just the rim nothing els. so keep the in mind when ur talking about rim/wheels

O

oibmxpunx

Freecoaster hubs.. post #8
yes cassette huds are louder then free wheels for the most part some are quit tho im useing a odyssey cassette with 11t driver right now its pritty loude and sounds really fast

L

LuMpY

Freecoaster hubs.. post #9
This is not a thread for cassette hubs. This is for FREECOASTERS!!!

RuLe

RuLe

Freecoaster hubs.. post #10
oibmxpunx said:
yes cassette huds are louder then free wheels for the most part some are quit tho im useing a odyssey cassette with 11t driver right now its pritty loude and sounds really fast

does it coast a lot longer then normal hubs because the bearing arent sealed

L

LuMpY

Freecoaster hubs.. post #11
MODS!! CLOse this thread pls. Kids cant read and stay on topic.

BTW, sealed bearings are better.

I

infantry43RIDER

Freecoaster hubs.. post #12
you guys can't read haha...stupid.

alright dude...i used to run an odyssey freecoaster hub awhile back and it was really really nice...i would recommend that hub if you are looking for a freecoaster.

New Topics