frames with internal headsets

• Discuss frames with internal headsets in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hi, what companies have started making frames with internal heasets? I know S&M do, but has anyone else? thanks ben ...
J

jamingben

frames with internal headsets post #1
hi,

what companies have started making frames with internal heasets? I know S&M do, but has anyone else?

thanks
ben

M

Mr_Shrapnel

frames with internal headsets post #2
i know that volume do, federal will be very soon (if not now), fbm said that they probably will - but these things take time to implement. so at the moment i think that the only co's that are using them NOW are s&m and volume, but more co's will follow.

I

infantry43RIDER

frames with internal headsets post #3
damnit.
hopefully there will still be regular frames on the market after these companies convert to hidden set.
because hidden set looks like shit.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

frames with internal headsets post #4
well it does look a bit retarded, but thats no real problem. they just seem kind of a little pointless you know, the only thing they make easier is intallation and apparently self adjust but if you put in a standard headset well, then there should be no real problem. but having said that im not opposed to them, i just think its kind of like titanium seat clamps, a bit of a muchness, but progression is progression suppose and they are certainly not worse and have no downsides compaired to standard heasdsets, so.........

S

sentaafEQpovar

frames with internal headsets post #5
wtf, so is that like if u crack ur headset u need to buy a new frame on those?

F

federal_rider12

frames with internal headsets post #6
no the headset is inside the headtube so if u crack the headset them u remove it and buy a new one but thats what i am seein happenin all frames will have internal headsets with euro bottom brackets

I

infantry43RIDER

frames with internal headsets post #7
oh well...as long as there is still an american bb option on the frames im happy...so far so good.
anyways though...if you can still run a regular headset on this hidden set frames ill be happy too.

S

sentaafEQpovar

frames with internal headsets post #8
would that oversizzed headset work? kink i think

M

Mr_Shrapnel

frames with internal headsets post #9
i have never seen a oversized headset....

and yeah i still prefer standard 1/1-8 threadless headests to internal headsets, i dont hate them as much as euro bbs, and im not opposed to them, im just to convinced that we need them you know?

I

infantry43RIDER

frames with internal headsets post #10
its about progression so i understand.

L

leon_luxton

frames with internal headsets post #11
KHE has started doing that :D

F

federal_rider12

frames with internal headsets post #12
infantry43RIDER said:
oh well...as long as there is still an american bb option on the frames im happy...so far so good.
anyways though...if you can still run a regular headset on this hidden set frames ill be happy too.
right on! :rock: but i dont think u can run a standard 1 1/8 headset on the integrated b/c integrated r special made to fit there

New Topics