folding tires

• Discuss folding tires in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Ive heard you can get flats when you ride on grass with some of them, is that true? and also would the fly ruben folding tire be okay for me, i do... ...
ColourOfMoney

ColourOfMoney

folding tires post #1
Ive heard you can get flats when you ride on grass with some of them, is that true?

and also would the fly ruben folding tire be okay for me, i do ride abit of dirt here and there and i ride on grass to.

thanks heaps im thinking of ordering new tires tonight so yeah. thanks

S

Scribbles

folding tires post #2
What do you exactly mean to get flats?

ColourOfMoney

ColourOfMoney

folding tires post #3
S

Scribbles

folding tires post #4
haha no. Foldable tyres are just as good as normal tyres. The only thing is they are lighter and u can fold them into small packages :D

ColourOfMoney

ColourOfMoney

folding tires post #5
ooh okay thanks heaps guys,

them other people must of been off their heads haha

just wanted to know because im really thinking of rubens ay. ( no homo )

thanks

S

Scribbles

folding tires post #6
When your going to ride dirt and grass the Odyssey K-lyte dirt/street tyres would be great.

ColourOfMoney

ColourOfMoney

folding tires post #7
When your going to ride dirt and grass the Odyssey K-lyte dirt/street tyres would be great.
oh yeah, but ive heard they are kinda heavy, dont wanna sound like a weigh whore but thats the hole point why i want folding tires is cause i love lite wheels :)

johnuk

johnuk

folding tires post #8
I think whoever told you that was winding you up, treat their future advice with skepticism

S

Scribbles

folding tires post #9
Heavy? They are actually as light as ruben mate..

ColourOfMoney

ColourOfMoney

folding tires post #10
Heavy? They are actually as light as ruben mate..
ooh okay sorry,

didnt know that but yeah they sound pretty good, might have to get someeeeeee :D

M

Marcus Poopy

folding tires post #11
Ive heard you can get flats when you ride on grass with some of them, is that true?
i think you are mistaking "grass" with "glass". unless blades of grass are sharper in australia?:hmm:

D

dioput2

folding tires post #12
I dont get it? Why would you wast 40 bucks on a tire that wares out way faster then a non folding tire. I have asm front and back for 1 year and didnt get one flat. On the other hand my freind rides the khe folding tires and he gets a flat once every 7 rides.

0sumthin0luv0

folding tires post #13
When I first got my KHE folding tyres I got a flat every second session... Then I pumped them up from the 80psi I was running to the recommended 110psi and I haven't had a flat since. They're light, they're strong and they roll like nothing else! But they don't come cheap so if you're tough on tyres then look elsewhere. I'm not so mine have lasted ages.

New Topics