Flys or Wombolts?

• Discuss Flys or Wombolts? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I am deciding weather to buy wombolts or Fly cranks. Please vote in the poll... and i already ahave profiles on my other bike and im doing a kind of... ...
Vert Street 1202

Vert Street 1202

Flys or Wombolts? post #1
I am deciding weather to buy wombolts or Fly cranks. Please vote in the poll... and i already ahave profiles on my other bike and im doing a kind of comparison, so...
Thanks,
Derek

ghettorider

ghettorider

Flys or Wombolts? post #2
wombolts

Vert Street 1202

Vert Street 1202

Flys or Wombolts? post #3
^^^^^^^^^^^ shit i forgot a pole.. w/e just say which 1

F

flybikesDale

Flys or Wombolts? post #4
flys:p

bennyball

bennyball

Flys or Wombolts? post #5
wombolts, having friends that have both, ive looked at both, ridden both, and i can honestly say id rather have the odysseys. the welds look like they are of better quality, and there is more welded area around the pedal boss-which si where the flys snap. the odysseys are guarnteed for life. the crank in looks better, the flys are a real strange shape and the colours are horrible. and the wedges are far easier to put together than the splines are to align, i put together my mates, who was one of the first in the country to have them, and it took me about 2 minutes, litterally, so simple to put wombolts together. get some

ParkLife

ParkLife

Flys or Wombolts? post #6
What? Black, White and Cargo green is awful?

Odyssey has the same colours mate....get the Fly Cranks.

They have a more direct, stiffer feel.

And if you have trouble alligning the splines, you dont know ehat you are talking about and shouldn't be working on bikes.

thatotherguy84

thatotherguy84

Flys or Wombolts? post #7
How many wombolts have you seen this beat up before?

I have been running them since they came out, I hit them a lot on jacked up rails and shit and they hold up great. Flys are the shit!

bennyball

bennyball

Flys or Wombolts? post #8
What? Black, White and Cargo green is awful?

Odyssey has the same colours mate....get the Fly Cranks.

They have a more direct, stiffer feel.

And if you have trouble alligning the splines, you dont know ehat you are talking about and shouldn't be working on bikes.
**** off m8. judgin by your avatar, you are 1 of the few ppl that r on fly's dick all the time, so i wud expect u 2 say fly cranks. i didnt say its a problem aligning the splines, but its far easier to assemble the wedge cluster, and it works better aswel. have you even ridden the two cranks? your trying to tell me i dont know wat im talkin bout, n yet u think they have a more 'direct' feel, what the hell does that mean? you chat shit m8

S

Snake Lizard

Flys or Wombolts? post #9

VS

I'd rather have wombolts. If flycranks snap, you should hope that your ankle is still alive.

B

band aid

Flys or Wombolts? post #10
i vote wombolts...if you get them professionaly installed they are supposed to be very good.

Mathias

Mathias

Flys or Wombolts? post #11
wombolts.

but for the price you are going to pay for cranks I would just get Profiles. I have them and I love them.

Vert Street 1202

Vert Street 1202

Flys or Wombolts? post #12
Thanks guys i got wombolts!

ozzy

ozzy

Flys or Wombolts? post #13
as far as fly cranks breaking i think the reason wombolts dont break the same way is because when the amount of pressure is put on the crank to snap it the wombolts just slip so they dont crack/snap off. but anyway i have the flys and there great so far. and i have snapped cranks before so im not to scarred if it happens again. maybe its cuz im a smooth trail rider kinda rider but mine are really good. plus ive herd fly is quick to replace them so no biggie.

ozzy

ozzy

Flys or Wombolts? post #14
lol i guess i spent to long on my post o well its there now.

moldaz

moldaz

Flys or Wombolts? post #15
I would have gotten wombolts to.... i have seen to many pictures of snapped flys...

thatotherguy84

thatotherguy84

Flys or Wombolts? post #16
I would have gotten wombolts to.... i have seen to many pictures of snapped flys...
I have seen more snapped wombolts. If you do rollbacks a lot your going to hate yourself for buying wombolts, they will defiantly snap on you. Wombolts also poke out a lot more then regular cranks do. I'll stick to my flys that I have been rockin since they first hit the market.

moldaz

moldaz

Flys or Wombolts? post #17
how does doing rollbacks make them more likely to snap?

thatotherguy84

thatotherguy84

Flys or Wombolts? post #18
how does doing rollbacks make them more likely to snap?
Look at where every pair of wombolts have snapped at. Now think about it your rolling back in fakie and then you snap the cranks forward to whip the bike around. Thats a whole lot of pressure on a tiny area and then they snap.

moldaz

moldaz

Flys or Wombolts? post #19
true... gotcha but i have never seen a pair of snapped wombolts

thatotherguy84

thatotherguy84

Flys or Wombolts? post #20

New Topics