[News] Fly Stuff In The Pipeline

• Discuss Fly Stuff In The Pipeline in the BMX News forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hi guys Didnt know if there was anything about allt his stuff already, but whilst on my travels about tha intarwebz, mefounds these new fly... ...
Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

Fly Stuff In The Pipeline post #1
Hi guys
Didnt know if there was anything about allt his stuff already, but whilst on my travels about tha intarwebz, mefounds these new fly projects/stuff.
I like alot of the ideas here
esp. the spanish BB2
just wondering if they bearings will hold......
http://www.flybikesbmx.com/en/projects

Sorry if this has already been covered.

B

ben

Fly Stuff In The Pipeline post #2
most of its been covered but cobra tube looks sick

Jake Eats Cake

Jake Eats Cake

Fly Stuff In The Pipeline post #3
Haha One piece seat

johnuk

johnuk

Fly Stuff In The Pipeline post #4
Spanish BB 2 = Euro mit complications? Integrated headsets are coming to mind

T

t1jay

Fly Stuff In The Pipeline post #5
the tube is pointless to me. it just seems to me that your just completley and utterly lazy i you buy these.
but there again you could change your tube while your out if you had a pump idk.

JoeyWinkle

JoeyWinkle

Fly Stuff In The Pipeline post #6
The spanish BB2 actually uses integrated h/s cups and stuff, thats why i don't know if the bearings will hold.
And the tube, isn't so pointless when, say, you're stuck in the middle of nowhere with only a pump and a puncture repair. it means you dont actually need to take your wheel out to put in/take out tubes, the litle clip undoes.

T

t1jay

Fly Stuff In The Pipeline post #7
yeah i realised that lol but wouldnt it leave a slight indent in your tire?

johnuk

johnuk

Fly Stuff In The Pipeline post #8
I thought that at first, but I think the idea is that the pressure of inflation forces it to fill the potential void - it won't be as smooth or balanced as a normal tyre, but it might not be too bad.

Either way, you're going to want a tyre iron, inflation method (pump / gas can) and puncture kit to fix a burst. So an allen key isn't really much of an addition to that. But whatever, at least they're thinking - depends how much it costs I guess. It's not a light tube either for the weight whores like me - those big seals on either end will be adding mass, and mass that spins effectively weighs 3x more than mass that doesn't.

Irish

Irish

Fly Stuff In The Pipeline post #9
this was posted 4 months ago like the update says.

Enigma

Enigma

Fly Stuff In The Pipeline post #10
this is all really old

K

Karl H. Marx

Fly Stuff In The Pipeline post #11
The spanish BB2 actually uses integrated h/s cups and stuff, thats why i don't know if the bearings will hold.
And the tube, isn't so pointless when, say, you're stuck in the middle of nowhere with only a pump and a puncture repair. it means you dont actually need to take your wheel out to put in/take out tubes, the litle clip undoes.
Intergrated has no cups.

Pickles

Pickles

Fly Stuff In The Pipeline post #12
Spanish BB 2 = Euro mit complications? Integrated headsets are coming to mind
si si. something with radial loads and the curves in the bearings,I forget all the tech to it,but those bearings hold better. My buddy modded his american bb to be a thread in cups on american w/ mid bearings.

I do NOT like that cobra tube. can you say pinch flats anyone?

cool concept,but shouldnt be practiced I dont think. I have yet to see any real design aspects but I really think there'll be mucho pinch flats where the tube ends meet.

Stephen G

Stephen G

Fly Stuff In The Pipeline post #13
Really old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics