fly cranks?

• Discuss fly cranks? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; how do i take off the left arm? do u just pull it ? thanks ...
S

shadowanimal

fly cranks? post #1
how do i take off the left arm? do u just pull it ? thanks

bmxboy244

bmxboy244

fly cranks? post #2
is the fly crank where your petles are or what
:hmm:

Last edited:
S

shadowanimal

fly cranks? post #3
what are u tlkin about?

bmxboy244

bmxboy244

fly cranks? post #4
what is a fly crank

flyjumper13

flyjumper13

fly cranks? post #5
Remove the bolt pull the cranks out and pull the arm off if its stuck then use a rubber mallet and ligtly tap it off

bmxboy244

bmxboy244

fly cranks? post #6
is the fly crank whare the petles are:hmm:

freeagentguy

freeagentguy

fly cranks? post #7
is the fly crank whare the petles are:hmm:
the fly crank is a crank..... go on danscomp.com and look under cranks, u'll see fly cranks and yes cranks are where the PEDALS go

S

shadowanimal

fly cranks? post #8
ok i tried the mallet but i guess i will have to hit harder

ozzy

ozzy

fly cranks? post #9
hell ya i have to beat the shit outa my fly crank arm to get it off. thank god i have a ruber mallet.

sledneckadam

sledneckadam

fly cranks? post #10
Remove the bolt pull the cranks out and pull the arm off if its stuck then use a rubber mallet and ligtly tap it off
Lightly will take a long time to get it off I beat the hell out of my arm to get it off. Put the arm on something so that you can hit the spindle out make sure there is something below it or it will get damaged.

I used my couch put the arm on it with the spindle sticking up, hit the hell out of it with a soft faced hammer and the spindle fell out onto my bed.

ParkLife

ParkLife

fly cranks? post #11
Undo the compression bolt and yank on your sprocket....

Thats what I do and it slides right off every time.......

Chris

Chris

fly cranks? post #12
NO!!!!!!!

undo the compression bolt quite a bit (not all the way) smack it hard with a mallet, the spindle will push out of the opposite arm. now smack the spindle back into the arm this pushes the other arm out. keep doing this intill its easy to pull off.

Busades

Busades

fly cranks? post #13
NO!!!!!!!

undo the compression bolt quite a bit (not all the way) smack it hard with a mallet, the spindle will push out of the opposite arm. now smack the spindle back into the arm this pushes the other arm out. keep doing this intill its easy to pull off.
Good way to ruin a perfectly good crank.

Chris

Chris

fly cranks? post #14
i've done it a lot. and its the same with removing wethepeople royals. no problems at all.

blkbike

blkbike

fly cranks? post #15
make fure you are trying to pound off the right arm, then just unleash the fury man. shits hard to get off

New Topics