Fly Brakes

• Discuss Fly Brakes in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I got the new danscomp magazine and they show the fly bikes brakes. i scanned ti for you guys if u want to read about it from danscomp because i... ...
RuLe

RuLe

Fly Brakes post #1
I got the new danscomp magazine and they show the fly bikes brakes.

i scanned ti for you guys if u want to read about it from danscomp because i didnt see it on the site yesterday. i havent checked today but here

I

infantry43RIDER

Fly Brakes post #2
they don't look bad.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Fly Brakes post #3
i am sure that they will work very well. i dont know why any other compaines haven't used positively angled brake arms before. however while they will be good, i really cant belive that they are going to be worth the money, i mean come on, they are over 3 times the price of odyssey evolvers, and they are dope brakes!

F

FOL

Fly Brakes post #4
hmm let's see, maybe I got those already heh

O

oibmxpunx

Fly Brakes post #5
it takes 12 hours to make one brake thats why they cost so much

F

FOL

Fly Brakes post #6
I'm not sure....do your brake cables are attached in a special way or something or what was so special about it (and how can I check if I got these as a back brake)

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Fly Brakes post #7
whats special, is that the arms (whre your cable joins the arm) is angles upwards by a certain degree, which means that the stradle cable is alighned with the brake cable/cable router, much better producing a much more direct cable pull, resulting in more force being transfered through the arms into the brake pads. the theory is very good, and in practice, im sure they work very very well......but £70 thats alot for a u-brake.

i know they are very tech and alot of work and technology goes into producing them, but thats still alot of money. they could have cut the price down if they simply forged them. they quality would still be high.

L

leeuw

Fly Brakes post #8
takes 6 hours

W

William

Fly Brakes post #9
they look good to me.

F

FOL

Fly Brakes post #10
I checked, don't got em :)

RuLe

RuLe

Fly Brakes post #11
FOL said:
I checked, don't got em :)

call and say u want this and tell them the number. they just havent put them on the site yet

F

FOL

Fly Brakes post #12
I checked my bike, I don't got these brakes, but different ones. That's what I meant.

S

sandmriderbmx

Fly Brakes post #13
rule, just stop posting, this the most pointless post ever

I

infantry43RIDER

Fly Brakes post #14
actually its not...this section buddy would be the techniques and PRODUCTS section...fly bikes brakes are a new product...

you stop posting.
you are the one who responed to almost EVERY topic in this section.

fenixbykeco

fenixbykeco

Fly Brakes post #15
Whoever programs the cnc to make those is a fnckin genious. They use a very expensive 360 degree spinning cnc to make it.

I wish I was that good of a machinist........

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Fly Brakes post #16
hmmm i dont know all about that, everythings integrated now, and as such the overall difficulty, is pretty low right? i mean its all done in cad, to get all the dimensions right, then its put over into a readable format in cam, and then fed into the cnc machine, then that wizzes away, them bam, one fly brake.

New Topics