[News] Fly bikes peg update

• Discuss Fly bikes peg update in the BMX News forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Here are our new pegs. You have probably seen them on the guys bikes lately. We made this design with an external machining on the upper part that... ...
Enigma

Enigma

Fly bikes peg update post #1
Here are our new pegs. You have probably seen them on the guys bikes lately.
We made this design with an external machining on the upper part that allows us to have a very thick bottom part with lightweight.
There are two models, cromoly and aluminum. Both use the hardest material and treatment that we can find. Cromoly is 4140 cromoly and aluminum is 7075.
The cromoly one has a very thick bottom part of 2.5mm that makes it very stiff so they grind so fast!
The aluminum 7075 has a 3.5mm bottom part that makes it stiff and durable.
Weights are:

Cromoly 4140: 165 grs. / 5.6 oz
Aluminum 7075: 85 grs. / 2.9 oz.

They will be available in all of the colors (black, red, coffee, grey) next December.

Hope you like them!

Tyler Ciervo

Tyler Ciervo

Fly bikes peg update post #2
really nice. maybe get a pair when my current flys are wrecked =]

Z

ZDN

Fly bikes peg update post #3
might be the only pegs I will actually buy.

iRon37

iRon37

Fly bikes peg update post #4
just like eastern slit pegs or what ever they're cald.... old idea and won't stand up to street.

CodyPrince

CodyPrince

Fly bikes peg update post #5
wtf are u on about iRon? eastern jsut cut holes in their pegs. hence "slit"

iRon37

iRon37

Fly bikes peg update post #6
^^^and fly made one half ulta thin. Same idea. And it make it so you can only grind one side.

fitbike61

fitbike61

Fly bikes peg update post #7
Those pegs are light as balls. Fly knows what they're doing, but the design is just not for me. One side grind pegs are a nightmare to think about.

kkmk

kkmk

Fly bikes peg update post #8
macneil and tree did the same thing. Except internally, not externally.

Arch Enemy

Arch Enemy

Fly bikes peg update post #9
I might be trying these out when it comes out december

The Radness

The Radness

Fly bikes peg update post #10
these are going to cost way to much for a peg

Chris

Chris

Fly bikes peg update post #11
NEXT DECEMBER? thats over a year away!

fit bike co

fit bike co

Fly bikes peg update post #12
i might have to pur-chase a pair

Busades

Busades

Fly bikes peg update post #13
Fly knows what they're doing
Not exactly. Removing material from the OD creates a peg that has a lower strength to weight ratio than that of a peg with material removed from the ID. It would be much smarter to remove material from the inside.

Bingo, the macneil and tree pegs will be stronger. The tree and fly pegs will be more expensive however since they use CNC machining while the macneil pegs are forged.

M

marks86

Fly bikes peg update post #14
I wanna see a review on these then maybe ill try them out

M

Marcus Poopy

Fly bikes peg update post #15
mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Fly bikes peg update post #16
no they didn't. all other internally-machined pegs have the same thickness all the way around and are thicker on the ends. these pegs are thinner on the "top" similar to what Eastern did with their Slit pegs.

this is an idiotic idea, but they will sell tons of them. what is the point of non-rotateable pegs? they will cost twice as much and last 1/10 the life of a round, rotateable pegs. bullocks.

Busades

Busades

Fly bikes peg update post #17
no they didn't. all other internally-machined pegs have the same thickness all the way around and are thicker on the ends. these pegs are thinner on the "top" similar to what Eastern did with their Slit pegs.

this is an idiotic idea, but they will sell tons of them. what is the point of non-rotateable pegs? they will cost twice as much and last 1/10 the life of a round, rotateable pegs. bullocks.
No! Macneils are made thick on one side and thinner on the other. You CANNOT rotate macneils for this reason. Its not idiotic at all as you can make pegs weight 25% lighter while retaining the majority of their strength. If you want a light peg you will have to get over the fact that you cant rotate them. If you want to rotate them then stick to a heavier peg. Considering macneil pegs are far cheaper than most pegs and are also the lightest Chromo peg they are far from bullocks.

The Radness

The Radness

Fly bikes peg update post #18
its not like plegs and tricksticks dont already cost too much
i won't buy either of those either:p

these are going to be atleast the cost of a trick stick

Quincy

Quincy

Fly bikes peg update post #19
they look disgusting

BMXJackel

BMXJackel