fly bikes front hub

• Discuss fly bikes front hub in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; hey i just got this in a custom wheel from alans...but 1 of the bolts is stuck inside the hub.. i cant get it off i have tried everything pretty... ...
fit bike co

fit bike co

fly bikes front hub post #1
hey i just got this in a custom wheel from alans...but 1 of the bolts is stuck inside the hub.. i cant get it off i have tried everything

pretty pissed as my ankle is healed but i cant ride :|

G

gtbmx0222

fly bikes front hub post #2
take out the center axle and put it in a vise. then you can twist the bolt off.

B0N0

B0N0

fly bikes front hub post #3
send it back
or email them

fit bike co

fit bike co

fly bikes front hub post #4
how do i get the center axel out?
i dont have a vise..i got mole grips? :)

203rider

fly bikes front hub post #5
Haha I have a fly hub and both my bolts come out!:hihi:

fit bike co

fit bike co

fly bikes front hub post #6
i hate you :|

G

gtbmx0222

fly bikes front hub post #7
1. get a rubber mallet.

2. thread the missing bolt in a few turns.

3. proceed to hit the head of said bolt with the mallet (it wont damage it, for real).

4. the opposite bearing will proceed to work its way out of the hubshell. in this case, it isnt necessary to remove both bearings, so leave the other one in the shell.

5. you will now have a tube that should have 2 ridges that keep the bearings from dying due to sideload and will definitely have a threaded 10mm hole in each end, in one of which will be your problem/stuck bolt.

6. get a pair of vise grips, a vise, even channel lock pliers should work to hold it, any device you can use to clamp it.

7. while holding it in said clamping device, get the proper size wrench, 17mm on that hub i believe, and twist the bolt out of the center axle.

8. VERY IMPORTANT: proceed to grease the threads of the bolt before rethreading it into the center axle, otherwise it could happen again.

9. after greasing, replace it in the center axle, with the bearing and cone nut in front of it.

10. insert the axle into the shell and line the bearing up with its race/the place it belongs in the shell.

11. insert the other bolt and proceed to tighten it down (the wheel should not be in the dropouts). this will bring the center axle closer to the head of the bolt, subsequently causing the bearing to be gradually pressed into the shell.

12. after the bearing is seated all the way, loosen both bolts and proceed to put your beautiful piece of spanish engineering into the dropouts and tighten down as normal.

13. go ride.

thats all, my description is pretty drawn out, but its alot simpler than the length of my paragraph/steps indicates lol. after you do this, you wont forget how, its really very simple ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

New Topics