flushed axle help

• Discuss flushed axle help in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i flushed my axle a while ago and today i took the nut off and i couldnt put it back on does any 1 know how to get it on please help ...
S

streetriders

flushed axle help post #1
i flushed my axle a while ago and today i took the nut off and i couldnt put it back on does any 1 know how to get it on please help

S

streetriders

flushed axle help post #2
anyone i need help

Beanie

Beanie

flushed axle help post #3
use a thread tap, other than that not much you can do with the burs on the threads.

you should cut the axle with the nut on or atleast mark where the cut is, and keep the nut behind the cut, so when you cut the axle off you unthread the nut and it takes the burs off, otherwise it will be a pain to get the nut on

vinniesac

vinniesac

flushed axle help post #4
tap and dye kit or file the axle ends a bit to get rid of the sharp cut that messed up your theads you should always file after maken a cut anyway. Why would you cut your axles in the first place i hope it wasnt for weight or becasue you saw someone else do it its dumb seat post, bars, yea cut the xtra but not axles its not worth it

Q

Quen

flushed axle help post #5
level the end off. get a grinder and grind it till it's level again.

New Topics