Flipflop hubs?

• Discuss Flipflop hubs? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I was on ebay today, looking for a backwheel..I found one, but it says its a flipflop hub. whats a flipflop hub? is that just the normal name for a... ...
M

MetalBikez

Flipflop hubs? post #1
I was on ebay today, looking for a backwheel..I found one, but it says its a flipflop hub. whats a flipflop hub? is that just the normal name for a hub? another question too, will I be able to put a freewheel on a flipflop hub?

X

XIII

Flipflop hubs? post #2
why did you do 2?

F

FT rider

Flipflop hubs? post #3
a flip-flop hub is my weapon of choice and basically it means that instead of having just the one thread for a freewheel on one side you have TWO threads. Sometimes they will be two right hand drive threads with one being slightly smaller than the other so that you can run a 16T or a 14T freewheel on the one hub so you dont have too change hub if you go down a gearing.
Other flip flop hubs have two threads of the same size, one left hand drive and one right hand drive, so you can change your drive side if needs be.
Basically they give you the option of running a 14T freewheel but not being limited to only running that one, if you decide you dont like that gearing.
Yes you can run a freewheel it is NOT a cassette hub so freewheels will run, that is the point.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Flipflop hubs? post #4
yep thats it.

F

federal_rider12

Flipflop hubs? post #5
yup

M

MetalBikez

Flipflop hubs? post #6
Thank you! I feel really stupid for asking a question I should know..I just didnt want to end up with something that would be shizzle..

Thanks FTrider :D

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Flipflop hubs? post #7
shizzle is a good thing

New Topics