Flip flop hub in FRONT,

• Discuss Flip flop hub in FRONT, in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Will a flip flop hub unsealed work as a front rim temporarly? My front rim has shitted out the bearings are ovalized and the hub moves up and down so i... ...
JustinCarter

JustinCarter

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #1
Will a flip flop hub unsealed work as a front rim temporarly? My front rim has shitted out the bearings are ovalized and the hub moves up and down so i need to put this in the front, other then the long axle that ill prolly cut down what other things should i be worrying about?

jaredmi

jaredmi

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #2
the spacing is too wide to fit, unless you got different 'cone' spacers, or if you have a sealed bearing hub lock nuts.

moldaz

moldaz

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #3
it not fitting...

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #4
I eyeballed it and it didnt look much bigger then my current hub but 1 minute ill check.

-EDIT- It fits oddly.

ozzy

ozzy

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #5
i would say thats not a good idea.

moldaz

moldaz

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #6
does it spin?? if it fits and all there should be no reason why it wouldn't work....

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #7
does it spin?? if it fits and all there should be no reason why it wouldn't work....
Not sure but i had to take one of the nuts off the side, now its just one side with 1 nut and cone nut then another side with JUST A CONE NUT NO OTHER ONE, and i havnt tighten it up 1 sec i will and see if she spins.

B

band aid

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #8
i'd wait for a new wheel. :)

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #9
i'd wait for a new wheel. :)
2 months? lol... its bassically the same as a front hub just a bit wider and has threads on each side.

C

Charles

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #10
One cone nut... Hmm... If you can keep it tight it might work but the wheel will probably be touching the side of the fork after you get it all tightened up.

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #11
One cone nut... Hmm... If you can keep it tight it might work but the wheel will probably be touching the side of the fork after you get it all tightened up.
No i mean theres 2 cone nuts ( the ones that go in first right? ) but on one of the cone nuts after there is a bolt maybe a lock bolt? And on the other there isnt. But anyways i put it all together and rode for 10 mins and it seemed fine.

sledneckadam

sledneckadam

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #12
Bring out the grinder and mod it :D

moldaz

moldaz

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #13
it should be fine then.... if it works and doesn't rub...

C

Cruch

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #14
i no a guy thats been running one on the front for like 2 years
just change the cones

Gnagy

Gnagy

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #15
hummm... i wonder.

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #16
i no a guy thats been running one on the front for like 2 years
just change the cones
What you mean changed the cones?

S

sm1thson

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #17
if you have no lock nut on the cone it might tighten when you ride thus jamming the front wheel sending you over (ive seen it happen on an mtb where the lock nuts clearly werent tight). run the wheel so when it is rotating it is loosening the cone not tightening it.

JustinCarter

JustinCarter

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #18
if you have no lock nut on the cone it might tighten when you ride thus jamming the front wheel sending you over (ive seen it happen on an mtb where the lock nuts clearly werent tight). run the wheel so when it is rotating it is loosening the cone not tightening it.
Ill take my chances lol.

moldaz

moldaz

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #19
he told you to put the wheel on the way so it would loosen the nuts instead of tighten them sooo you don't die.... lol take your chances and take pics afterwards k?? lol

ParkLife

ParkLife

Flip flop hub in FRONT, post #20
It will wor exactly the same in principal as a front wheel, just a lot heavier and it has got a cog on it.

New Topics