fixing up bike tell me what you think

• Discuss fixing up bike tell me what you think in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i have had my bike for ages now so i am going to fix it up this is what i am going to do plz tell me what you think raw my frame... ...
M

mickeyjim

fixing up bike tell me what you think post #1
i have had my bike for ages now
so i am going to fix it up
this is what i am going to do plz tell me what you think

raw my frame, bars,forks,sprocket and cranks. the clear coat it all
cut down drop outs,axles and seat post
new federal seat,
slamed seat post,
and slim seat clamp

plz tell me what you think ?

Prodigy

Prodigy

fixing up bike tell me what you think post #2
it doesnt matter what we think...just do it if you like it

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

fixing up bike tell me what you think post #3
taking it down to metal is harder then you think and you will NOT just find a spray clear that will hold up
you will have to get it done at a paint place or it will scratch bad and rust like crazy
raw is ok but id go with a cool color scheme that way you dont look like every other trend hopper with
a raw bike and it still looks cool and different

Lovell

Lovell

fixing up bike tell me what you think post #4
just do what you want man its your bike but find a good clearcoat.

Fey

Fey

fixing up bike tell me what you think post #5
Cut the dropouts?
Why?

M

moto47

fixing up bike tell me what you think post #6
lol what are u gonna use to get it down to bare metal its not as easy as ud think to do that and have the metal stay smooth especially if ur using a grinder

the ace of spade

the ace of spade

fixing up bike tell me what you think post #7
who cares what others think man? just do what you feel would be cool

Air-Ox

Air-Ox

fixing up bike tell me what you think post #8
OMG its so bad , dont do it. If you do it i wont like it so you better not do it.

jk

M

mickeyjim

fixing up bike tell me what you think post #9
thanks everyone

F

fed tom

fixing up bike tell me what you think post #10
taking it down to metal is harder then you think and you will NOT just find a spray clear that will hold up
you will have to get it done at a paint place or it will scratch bad and rust like crazy
raw is ok but id go with a cool color scheme that way you dont look like every other trend hopper with
a raw bike and it still looks cool and different
raw isnt neon, its not 'cool' any more...

rawing a frames not hard, it just takes a while, theres a difference. be prepared to spend a few hours getting it right. use nitromors, you might need a few cans of it.

rather than using clear coat, i would try the oil method. cover the frame in motor oil and leave it over night, then wipe off the oil. it will have soaked in to the pores on the metal, preventing any rust.

if you like the seat youve chosen get it. cutting down dropouts can look cool, just make sure you know what youre doing.

New Topics