Fitbikeco's TRL series.

• Discuss Fitbikeco's TRL series. in the Dirt Jumping forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Im looking into getting fitbikeco's TRL1 09 model at the begining of next year, when I can get some money. I'd like to ask, are these bikes good for... ...
Title

Title

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #1
Im looking into getting fitbikeco's TRL1 09 model at the begining of next year, when I can get some money. I'd like to ask, are these bikes good for dirt jumping?

I will be adding some extra stuff to it later down the track.

Thanks.

A

abdrider

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #2
no, there designed for street, that's why there called the trail series

bmxinspired

bmxinspired

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #3
way to be a smartass.. not cool

if you can, i would spend the extra money and get either the trl3 or sig, the two both have full chromo frames, and the sig has a 3/8 front hub

Title

Title

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #4
Thanks bmxinsipred. If I come across some extra money I'll try to get the 3.
The TRL1 is $545 and the TRL3 is $830, Thats a big difference. For me anyway.

If I can't get it, do you think the trl1 with do until I can pull up the money for either a new bike or a big upgrade of the frame?

Red Horn

Red Horn

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #5
No. Only top tube is CroMo. Spend you loot wisely on a bike with a full CroMO frame & fork with as much sealed components as possible. Don't get fixated by brand alone.

frokid12

frokid12

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #6
I would go with something that has a full Cromo frame. If your getting it from a bike shop go there and they will probably let you sit on it or ride it. You want something that will stand up to anything you ride and be comfortable. If you see one you like look it up online or ask us if it is a good bike.

7 Broken Bottles

7 Broken Bottles

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #7
No. Only top tube is CroMo. Spend you loot wisely on a bike with a full CroMO frame & fork with as much sealed components as possible. Don't get fixated by brand alone.
I agree 100%
too many people end up buying low end completes from a high end company but the low end bike isn't ever worth the money unless you're not going to be riding all that hard. The FBM Executioner and Heathen are great examples of this. They're good bikes, but for the money you could get a better bike.

PY

PY

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #8
Look at 2hip and Verde. You'll thank me when you rock up to the skatepark to see every other kid and his best friend on a Fit complete of some description.

But in all seriousness, there are so many good completes out there now don't just keep to one brand, try the smaller brands as you'll often get a better bike for a better price.

Title

Title

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #9
Thanks guys. If I get a fit, i'll get the trl 3. Im going down to the bike shop nearest here tomorrow to check out the other brands.

Penn kalgh

Penn kalgh

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #10
no, there designed for street, that's why there called the trail series
way to be a smartass.. not cool

if you can, i would spend the extra money and get either the trl3 or sig, the two both have full chromo frames, and the sig has a 3/8 front hub

I thought it was needed, if the kid did his research he'd understand the bike is designed for trails.

E

evilchris50

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #11
seconded

Title

Title

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #12
To Ross, I did understand that it was for trails, I was asking if it was good quality.

I checked some sites, and found a couple of bikes that look good. Could you guys just tell me if they are good quality or not, thanks.

Method from Verde
The Siren from Forgotten

Red Horn

Red Horn

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #13
The Verde's seem solid. Their Modus is all CroMo and fully sealed. I have seen that one for only $490 w/free shipping (within US). Have no knowledge of Forgottens.

7 Broken Bottles

7 Broken Bottles

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #14
The Verde's seem solid. Their Modus is all CroMo and fully sealed. I have seen that one for only $490 w/free shipping (within US). Have no knowledge of Forgottens.
The Method is full chromo as well. Both the hubs and bottom bracket are sealed.

The Siren actually looks like a pretty good bike. The only problem I can see with it is that the steerer tube on the forks is 2 piece which can be a bit of a weak spot over time. I'd say get it if you can find it for a good price

Red Horn

Red Horn

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #15
The Method is full chromo as well. Both the hubs and bottom bracket are sealed.
They are both nice bikes. The Modus has their aftermarket bars and fork and the way it is being discounted at some shops/sites it may be a better value. Can't go wrong either way.

H

Hermes

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #16
weird just get a dk rage

Red Horn

Red Horn

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #17
^ No. Only down tube is CroMo. Spend you loot wisely on a bike with a full CroMO frame & fork with as much sealed components as possible. Also 20" TT that will be out grown if it fit's at all now.

7 Broken Bottles

7 Broken Bottles

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #18
They are both nice bikes. The Modus has their aftermarket bars and fork and the way it is being discounted at some shops/sites it may be a better value. Can't go wrong either way.
True, I was just trying to give another option though.

^ No. Only down tube is CroMo. Spend you loot wisely on a bike with a full CroMO frame & fork with as much sealed components as possible. Also 20" TT that will be out grown if it fit's at all now.
No matter how much you say it, not everyone seems to understand

Red Horn

Red Horn

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #19
No matter how much you say it, not everyone seems to understand
Need a "head shaking side to side" smiley.

Title

Title

Fitbikeco's TRL series. post #20
Thanks guys. Im leaning towards the Siren, Hopefully I can check one out today.

New Topics