Fit Hawk, any good?

• Discuss Fit Hawk, any good? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Tell me something about this frame u like/dislike! i really want it, but first i want your help ...
B

bmx_star14

Fit Hawk, any good? post #1
Tell me something about this frame u like/dislike!

i really want it, but first i want your help

M

marks86

Fit Hawk, any good? post #2
Its sick as hell

KoolAidGuy

KoolAidGuy

Fit Hawk, any good? post #3
it dents easily and is meant for smoother riders

overpriced IMO too

M

METAL

Fit Hawk, any good? post #4

overpriced IMO too

all bike parts,car parts food products,and most anything else you use is over priced,get used to it.

take a look at gas.

.........as for the frame,good,like KoolAiGuy said,it dents easy....very easy.
and unlike most S&M/Fit frames,it's not made in the USA.(yes,it makes a difference)

thatotherguy84

thatotherguy84

Fit Hawk, any good? post #5
Only guy I know who bought one isn't very hard on his parts and he snapped his at the headtube in less then two months. While his grim reaper is being used by its second owner now and hes had that frame since the grim reaper V2 came out

ATP

ATP

Fit Hawk, any good? post #6
Cracks and dents easily. Roam Bikeguide for many cases of that stuff.

TOM_L

TOM_L

Fit Hawk, any good? post #7

overpriced IMO too
It is the same price as most other taiwanese made frames. The frame actually has been revised and they are releasing a V2 hawk soon.

KoolAidGuy

KoolAidGuy

Fit Hawk, any good? post #8
my bad i thought the price was over 300

B

bmx_star14

Fit Hawk, any good? post #9
up.....

B

balledk

Fit Hawk, any good? post #10
tell him somemore

M

METAL

Fit Hawk, any good? post #11
WTF do you want to know?

JoeyPower

JoeyPower

Fit Hawk, any good? post #12
and unlike most S&M/Fit frames,it's not made in the USA.(yes,it makes a difference)
No it doesn't. It made a difference 15 years ago. Nowadays frame made in Taiwan are just as good (if not better) than american made frames. Look at Sunday, they are made in Taiwan and I have never heard of one breaking.

M

METAL

Fit Hawk, any good? post #13
No it doesn't. It made a difference 15 years ago. Nowadays frame made in Taiwan are just as good (if not better) than american made frames. Look at Sunday, they are made in Taiwan and I have never heard of one breaking.

yes,it makes a difference.
every major country produces products,the main difference is is the US we have much tuffer regulations to fallow.some of the restrictions are for enviromental,some for safety,and some for quality control.

give you an example.
steel produced in the US is only permitted to have a 5% zinc content,unless galvinized.China,and Taiwan has far more leway.

our strict guidlines allow us(the US) to make the best,only time a company has a frame made over seas is to save money.

the hawk is no different,the one chase rides is made in the US by S&M,the one you buy is basicly a knock-off sold by the same company.

JoeyPower

JoeyPower

Fit Hawk, any good? post #14
yes,it makes a difference.
every major country produces products,the main difference is is the US we have much tuffer regulations to fallow.some of the restrictions are for enviromental,some for safety,and some for quality control.

give you an example.
steel produced in the US is only permitted to have a 5% zinc content,unless galvinized.China,and Taiwan has far more leway.

our strict guidlines allow us(the US) to make the best,only time a company has a frame made over seas is to save money.

the hawk is no different,the one chase rides is made in the US by S&M,the one you buy is basicly a knock-off sold by the same company.

You are insanly dumb. Have you not payed attention to BMX for the last 15 years? Yes, frames are made overseas to save money. No, the quality is not worse. The quality control is the US may be tighter, but factories in Taiwan have acess to better technology, and some of the best welders the world has to offer. People make the argument that mass produced frames must be garbage, but it is in fact the total opposite. Mass producing frames just gives the welders more practice, I'd much rather have someone weld a frame for me who has welded thousands of frames before, than just a few hundred.

Taiwan also has acess to more resources. There is no place in the US that has butted or fluted tubing, if there is a US made frame with butted tubing, it is flown in and welded here. That is way frames like the Fit S3 are so expensive. You can't honestly tell me a Taiwan made frame is worse than a US made one. You could take two frames, identical specs, indentical geometry, identical tubing, and have one made in the USA, and one made in Taiwan, and I can garuntee the quaility will be the same.

Reputable companies make frames in Taiwan. Would Jay Miron (Macneil) or Jim C (Sunday) make their stuff in Taiwan knowing the quality is worse?

cgfxmosh

cgfxmosh

Fit Hawk, any good? post #15
Taiwaness frames are roboticly welded, so if one is messed up their all screwed up.

US frames are made by hand, so if one is messed up it's just that one.

JoeyPower

JoeyPower

Fit Hawk, any good? post #16
Taiwaness frames are roboticly welded, so if one is messed up their all screwed up.

US frames are made by hand, so if one is messed up it's just that one.
Haha. They are most definatley not welded by robots, where did you hear that? All high end frames are made by hand. Only crappy Wal-Mart hi-ten steel bikes are made by robots.

cgfxmosh

cgfxmosh

Fit Hawk, any good? post #17
When I bought my Eastern, a while ago, the shop told me that Tiawaness frames are roboticly welded.

M

METAL

Fit Hawk, any good? post #18
"insanly dumb"?you can't even spell insanely.
BMX for the fast 15 years,perhaps far more then you know I have.

butted tubing,and fluted tubing IS available in the US,and made here,but not commonly used because it DOES cost considerably more to produce steel here.
I deal with products made from around the world on a daily basis,and things from other countries can be far superior,but as for a BMX frame made entirely by hand and inspected by (primarily) rider owned companies rather then a frame shipped over by a generic company making frames for a lot of different companies.

though I do agree that doing it over and over can make you pretty good at something,it can also make you more careless at doing it.

.......better technology.....Taiwan.....no,I think your confused with their northern friends in Japan.

...........witch frames have proven to snap more?

You are insanly dumb. Have you not payed attention to BMX for the last 15 years? Yes, frames are made overseas to save money. No, the quality is not worse. The quality control is the US may be tighter, but factories in Taiwan have acess to better technology, and some of the best welders the world has to offer. People make the argument that mass produced frames must be garbage, but it is in fact the total opposite. Mass producing frames just gives the welders more practice, I'd much rather have someone weld a frame for me who has welded thousands of frames before, than just a few hundred.

Taiwan also has acess to more resources. There is no place in the US that has butted or fluted tubing, if there is a US made frame with butted tubing, it is flown in and welded here. That is way frames like the Fit S3 are so expensive. You can't honestly tell me a Taiwan made frame is worse than a US made one. You could take two frames, identical specs, indentical geometry, identical tubing, and have one made in the USA, and one made in Taiwan, and I can garuntee the quaility will be the same.

Reputable companies make frames in Taiwan. Would Jay Miron (Macneil) or Jim C (Sunday) make their stuff in Taiwan knowing the quality is worse?

New Topics