First Custom Bike Help lol

• Discuss First Custom Bike Help lol in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Im buying a Macneil bike, I will need help putting it together, anyone have guides to build a bike and what all do I need to buy? Thanks ...
Q

qwik420

First Custom Bike Help lol post #1
Im buying a Macneil bike, I will need help putting it together, anyone have guides to build a bike and what all do I need to buy? Thanks

aldrix

aldrix

First Custom Bike Help lol post #2
Don't mean to be mean, but if you're not sure what all the parts are that you need to buy, are you sure you want to put together a custom? It may be better for you to get a complete so you don't have to worry about compatibility of parts and all that.

I just got a complete since I hadn't shopped for bike stuff in years and to be honest, it's changed a lot. So rather than sit here and research my brains out trying to figure out what will fit with what and balance the quality/cost aspect of the parts a couple dozen times over and having to immediately buy all the tools for building, I got one that's all put together. Now, I can, at a good pace learn more about these parts and figure out what I wanna swap out and all, but I at least have something to ride in the meantime.

But maybe I'm wrong and you're ready to take on more than I'm assuming ... DansComp.com has a checklist of all the parts you need when putting together a complete bike as well as some specific guides for putting together some trickier parts. There are also various guides on these forums, especially check the Bike Tech FAQs.

Last edited:

New Topics