Federal coasters?

• Discuss Federal coasters? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; well, i took my coaster (2nd hand) to my lbs today. They rang back telling me that the driver had split into two halfs. I was like wtf?! i went to have... ...
H

Hammy

Federal coasters? post #1
well, i took my coaster (2nd hand) to my lbs today. They rang back telling me that the driver had split into two halfs. I was like wtf?! i went to have a look and the driver is sheared straight in two.

the bit where it screws in to, to the teeth there is a massive crack.

anyone heard of this before? and i dont know when the wheel was last serviced but im guessing its 3-6mnths old?

+ does anyone know what federals customer services are like?

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

Federal coasters? post #2
Federal should sort you out.

the number one problem with those hubs is that people tighten their cone nuts too tight. in the future, tighten the non-drive side axle nut first, then tighten the driver cone nut with your hand only. then tighten the drive axle nut, watching to make sure the cone nut doesnt tighten while you are doing this.

rant- if KHE/federal had just settled for making drivers with 11 teeth and a larger bearing, this would not be a problem but all these trendy kids insist on a microscopic driver and so they caved and made a sub-par product.

donno91

donno91

Federal coasters? post #3
they wer pretty legit
i emailed em when mine went to shit
pedalling 2 crank turns before it kicked in
they wer dead good asking me to try such and such and if not they'd sort me out
but i fixed it
but email em am sure they'll try and hook you up
if so let me know please man mines starting to sound verry kronik metal on metal klunking and permennt ghost pedal :(

New Topics