Federal bike...

• Discuss Federal bike... in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Federal Foundation Complete Federals 1st complete bike. Features full 4130 cro-mo frame , forks and bars with tubular 3pc cromoly euro crankset... ...
  • Tags bike cranks parts
S

slappyslapnuts

Federal bike... post #1
Federal Foundation Complete
Federals 1st complete bike.
Features full 4130 cro-mo frame
, forks and bars with tubular 3pc cromoly euro crankset.
48 spoke deep section wheelset with 14mm axles front and rear.
come with primo tyres

ive been offered this bike for 240... brand new 240 being gbp ive been assured its super light so is this bike worth it (i know you get this all the time but this is very important)

I

infantry43RIDER

Federal bike... post #2
whatever floats your boat.

F

federal_rider12

Federal bike... post #3
get what u want im ridin a brand new federal divsion with mostly new parts that i just finished today. most ppl say federals r heavy but they r actually very lite and the old federals had probs with the welds but the new ones(2002-and up) have no probs and i noticed i cant pull the rear chain and seat stays to fit my wheel(since Albe's sent me the wrong size axle, but gotta make do with what ya got) but my redline i could just pull it right apart

S

slappyslapnuts

Federal bike... post #4
Dammit why cant someone just give me a complete bike that is light say 32lb under or under 30 .. That isnt some shit thing. The guy said that huffys were light to . I just want a bike that is god dam light and no one gives me a straight answer its all "WELL RIDE WHAT YOU LIKE"

S

slappyslapnuts

Federal bike... post #5
the mailorder place didnt have weights either they just had estimates and bcos of the federal frame type and all that he promised it would be light.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Federal bike... post #6
i have to tell you, the tubing is not full 4130 cro-mo, just the main tubes, the rest is hi-ten steel, but its still a real good set up. the federal complete is a very good set up, a great frame (even though its not full cro-mo) as it has a euro bb - if you like that type of thing - seat stay mounts, great geometry, and should be strong. the forks and bars are top notch full cro-mo, the wheels are great, and they use sealed mech hubs - no loose rubbish here. it has a great sealed tubular cro-mo crank , has great parts, and it weighs 13.7 kg or 30.2lb.......which is light.

it looks like a very good bike for the price. get it.

S

slappyslapnuts

Federal bike... post #7
i was told there was vitually 0 Hi-ten steel by the guy working there

Features full 4130 cro-mo frame, forks and bars with tubular 3pc cromoly euro crankset. 48 spoke deep section wheelset with 14mm axles front and rear. come with primo tyres (thats specs on the site) its a Federal foundation 2004 bike

I

infantry43RIDER

Federal bike... post #8
slappyslapnuts said:
Dammit why cant someone just give me a complete bike that is light say 32lb under or under 30 .. That isnt some shit thing. The guy said that huffys were light to . I just want a bike that is god dam light and no one gives me a straight answer its all "WELL RIDE WHAT YOU LIKE"
no shit its ride what you like dumbass...we aren't riding your bike.

S

slappyslapnuts

Federal bike... post #9
Lol im not asking for the perfect bike im just asking why no one will say like "this bike is light at 30lb" instead of just a post count reply of WHAT YOU LIKE as thats not really answering my original question is it.

I

infantry43RIDER

Federal bike... post #10
No.
but then again i didn't really read it all..i saw that you were looking for a complete bike and most of them weigh in at about the same anyways.

S

slappyslapnuts

Federal bike... post #11
i have got mixed responses someone said 30lbs and some are saying like 38lb and some saying 35 and some saying 28lb i really just wanted a bike that someone knows for a fact is light. but not over 300gbp = 405american dollers

S

sentaafEQpovar

Federal bike... post #12
golden british points?

if they still make joey garcia schwinn automatic..... get it, damn nice bike... but the forks are weak i think. or did they bent cuase i tossed my bike? i forget

no sarcasm.... i just got back into riding from like 3 years ago

S

slappyslapnuts

Federal bike... post #13
Ahh the ellusive sarcasm! :p

R

ride888

Federal bike... post #14
does federal make completes...and do they sell there frames in USTADOS UNIDOS

I

infantry43RIDER

Federal bike... post #15
they make completes.

R

ride888

Federal bike... post #16
where do they sell them in the US

R

ride888

Federal bike... post #18
gracious

F

federal_rider12

Federal bike... post #19
to get the real weight of a bike go to the companies website and find it or go and find it somewhere and pick up the bike and thats the best way to determine how lite a bike is mailorders always have diff weights but sometimes they come close, like dans says my division weighs 7lbs but when i picked up the box that sayed Diamondback(i bought it off ebay) i thought the guy sent me not my new federal but a lightweight diamondback racin bike and i was pissed but i opened the box and i was like damn my frame is lite!!!! but i dont know of really ne good lite bike completes

G

Federal bike... post #20
I got a diamondback nitrus which is 26 pounds from the shop the other day, thats pretty good considering it was only 399$AUD but people tell me that the frame will probably snap in half because diamondback dont weld their frames properly or somthin

New Topics