Fear/Dirt jumps

• Discuss Fear/Dirt jumps in the Dirt Jumping forum in area BMX-Forum Community; ok i ride street mainly but i like trails and also have a fear of pretty big dirt jumps. there are some trails near my house that has an eight pack but... ...
U

UNIVERSALBMX502

Fear/Dirt jumps post #1
ok i ride street mainly but i like trails and also have a fear of pretty big dirt jumps. there are some trails near my house that has an eight pack but the jumps are really big and im afraid to jump them. There were some smaller jumps near my house and i jumped those but it will end up raining for a couple days and when i go back up there i change my mind bout jumping them allthough ive allready did it b4. This is really wiered how do i overcome this fear 4 good. Does protective gear help, i havnt tried it. Anyone got advice?

SandMbiker57

SandMbiker57

Fear/Dirt jumps post #2
well i had the same problem there were some big jumps i was afraid of but any way wat i did to over come my fear was 1 think of a good happy song to make u think positive and not be scared(it takes ur mind off things) 2 u might want to bring friends if u do they can egg u on and if no one else of ur friends jumps them u can be a super star 3 ride the trail to the jumps to get used to getting speed and the right angle 4 i wore a helmet knee and shin pads so that way i was inpenitrable and i did it first run just didnt think about it the more u think about getting hurt and falling the more scared ull be all u got to do is just look at the jump pedal ur ass of or until u are pretty sure u can clear it and go dont even listen to any one else o and ull progress at ur one time and speed so dont do anything ur scared or uncomfritable to do thats how u end up really getting hurt but yea long story short just practice and go for it

SandMbiker57

SandMbiker57

Fear/Dirt jumps post #3
srry for such a long post

U

UNIVERSALBMX502

Fear/Dirt jumps post #4
thats iight man thanks for the advice right now im currently hurt with a bad sprain in my wrist so doctor said not 2 ride for 2 weeks even though i want 2 ride so bad im gona wait and then hopefully by the end of this summer ill have jumped every jump in the trails but i think im gona take them 1 jump at a time. but once again thx 4 the advice

B

Biking2112

Fear/Dirt jumps post #5
ALSO, usualy I wake up and go riding and I feel scared because I'm all tight. I tell myself not to worry about it on the way to the first jump. maybe just try to put your fear behind you and do what sandmbiker said to think of something good. and don't worry about falling! it's the worst thing to worry about falling because in the end, if you worry about falling thenyou probably will fall.

Superbeast

Superbeast

Fear/Dirt jumps post #6
i have the same fear sort of,
any gap i cant do for my life, ill hit the brakes and veer off to the side before i hit it because , idk i just cant get myself mentally to do it even though i know i can clear it

ozzy

ozzy

Fear/Dirt jumps post #7
ur thinkin about to much. get ur self all pissed and dont think about the jump. jus hold on. u need to crash a couple times to get ur balls to drop out ur stomach then ull be ok. when ppl get scared and pussy out last minute is when they get hurt.

Superbeast

Superbeast

Fear/Dirt jumps post #8
yea ive crashed already multiple times
but yea probably it is im thinking to much cuz i do tend to do things like that
before i go im thinkin ight ill do this then when i get there im like, wtf am i thinkin, lol

samcoolguy

samcoolguy

Fear/Dirt jumps post #9
just think that by the time ur crashing it will be too late

like when i was a little kid with rollercoasters i got scared so i would just strap in and then not think about it till it was too late

Wildbill

Wildbill

Fear/Dirt jumps post #10
ALWAYS ride trails with someone else. If you fall and get really hurt and your alone.. your screwed. Also dont think about how big the jump or scary it is, youll just scare yourself from jumping it, just do it really.

B

bigfro920

Fear/Dirt jumps post #11
take it slow dont nose case pull up make sure you clear the gap

Superbeast

Superbeast

Fear/Dirt jumps post #12
what sucks is i have no one to ride wit,
most ppl i know dont do anything like this so they wont bother even comin down
there so i do my best not to fatally injure myself

B

Biking2112

Fear/Dirt jumps post #13
the chances of you fatally injuring yourself are so slim it doesn't even make sence to say that. if you have ever broken an arm or a leg, you don't say ow ow ow! you think to yourself, damn, let's go inside. and drink milk so you don't break bones; works like a woman.

Superbeast

Superbeast

Fear/Dirt jumps post #14
oh ive broken 5 bones collarbone twice wrist head and ankle
i doubt i would fatally injure myself either, i just tossed that in cuz i was bored

B

Biking2112

Fear/Dirt jumps post #15
oh, dude, seriously drink milk!

Superbeast

Superbeast

Fear/Dirt jumps post #16
lol i do it everyday,
i just seem to have bad luck with some stuff

Wildbill

Wildbill

Fear/Dirt jumps post #17
the chances of you fatally injuring yourself are so slim it doesn't even make sence to say that. if you have ever broken an arm or a leg, you don't say ow ow ow! you think to yourself, damn, let's go inside. and drink milk so you don't break bones; works like a woman.
This is such a dumb statement. The whole drinking milk thing is a joke but its stupid, works like a woman? wow, what are you smoking?

Anyway, i just went back home to NY to visit friends. The trails down there got built up really nice. I was afraid to jump them since i havnt ridden any dirt really in about 2 or 3 yrs. I almost chickened out the first day, but at the end i went for the first set. The next day i was doing the first 3 sets. 2nd set was about 15 feet long and shot you up about 15ft from the ground. But it was so much fun. I was scaredd at first but you just have to clear your mind, and KNOW you can make it. If you hack a set not a big deal, usually you can ride it out. Nose cases are a whole different story though.

B

Biking2112

Fear/Dirt jumps post #18
This is such a dumb statement. The whole drinking milk thing is a joke but its stupid, works like a woman? wow, what are you smoking?
how is that a dumb statement? have you read the contents of milk on a milk carton? it says vitamin C, that makes your vones stronger making less chance of some bone breaking. I guess the works like a woman doesn't apply so much anymore but 50 years ago women did all the work around the house. probably your mother does do a lot of work around the house that goes unoticed in your eyes. one day try and watch carefully what she does and you will see how much of it is work.

Wildbill

Wildbill

Fear/Dirt jumps post #19
how is that a dumb statement? have you read the contents of milk on a milk carton? it says vitamin C, that makes your vones stronger making less chance of some bone breaking. I guess the works like a woman doesn't apply so much anymore but 50 years ago women did all the work around the house. probably your mother does do a lot of work around the house that goes unoticed in your eyes. one day try and watch carefully what she does and you will see how much of it is work.
Sorry i dont live with my mom. And don't stereotype women or anyone, it makes you look ignorant.

B

Biking2112

Fear/Dirt jumps post #20
it's alright that you don't live with her. but no need to call me ignorant or say I'm stereotyping, it's a fact of life. It still is happening in third world countries where women work in and around the house all day, in some only inside the house because they arent allowed outside of the house.

New Topics