FBM Camaro SS for me?

• Discuss FBM Camaro SS for me? in the Street Riding forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey, so I'm moving to a place next year that has a BMX track in the city. I want to ride there, but I also want to be able to do some very light... ...
bicyclist

bicyclist

FBM Camaro SS for me? post #1
Hey, so I'm moving to a place next year that has a BMX track in the city. I want to ride there, but I also want to be able to do some very light street/park. Would a Camaro SS be able to do both? I'm a bit hesitant to sell my Fly for the SS 'cause it seems less refined, but if it's more dual-purpose maybe it's the bike for me. What do you guys think? Any other brands you'd recommend? I've been thinking about a custom Brew or Staats too.

BTW I get FBM for cost from my shop.

Here's my Fly:

ridelife!

ridelife!

FBM Camaro SS for me? post #2
i'd say stick with the fly, if you break it buy a stairmaster.

bicyclist

bicyclist

FBM Camaro SS for me? post #3
Have you ever ridden a street bike at a track? Does it suck?

I don't like the Stairmaster. If I got another street bike it'd be a Grim.

ozzy

ozzy

FBM Camaro SS for me? post #4
i know some ppl that race. i asked this racer guy if he thought i could race ok with my bmx macneil whitton and he said as long as ur comfortable on ur bike u can race it fine. not to mention i run 28in fit bars.

M

marks86

FBM Camaro SS for me? post #5
Bro it would be fine as long as you dont run any full race parts like carbon forks or any of that shit

bicyclist

bicyclist

FBM Camaro SS for me? post #6
For sure, it'd be a solid build if I got a race bike, and it'd be steel. Maybe I'll just get some Holy Rollers for my bike though and see what it's like.

chubbs

chubbs

FBM Camaro SS for me? post #7
My friend just bought that frame.
It hasnt seen any abuse yet, but its nice. I like it.

bicyclist

bicyclist

FBM Camaro SS for me? post #8
I wish it had smaller dropouts, but other than that it looks awesome. Could you please post pics when it's built?

ozzy

ozzy

FBM Camaro SS for me? post #9
ya i like the camaro or the s and m .38 special.

Minitrix

Minitrix

FBM Camaro SS for me? post #10
Get some slotted axles though. It looks like the dropouts would lose quite a bit of strength if you drilled them out to 14mm.

New Topics