fashion? style ?

• Discuss fashion? style ? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; how come so many street riders have only their back brake or no brake at all and also no gyro? they weigh hardley anything so why not. I dont know why... ...
  • Tags endo street
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

croz

fashion? style ? post #1
how come so many street riders have only their back brake or no brake at all and also no gyro? they weigh hardley anything so why not. I dont know why though, personally ive always done street with two brakes.

views?

E

EPMD

fashion? style ? post #2
From what i hear gyros aren't strong and people are always breaking the wires and its too much of a problem to keep fixing if you brake the wires and with 1 brake you can barspin or x up instead of having 2 brake wires...i took my front brake off

E

EasternBMX

fashion? style ? post #3
i won't break my gyro and i ride street but i do have a pretty light bike i hope you kids don't get jealous

S

Sorage

fashion? style ? post #4
croz said:
how come so many street riders have only their back brake or no brake at all and also no gyro? they weigh hardley anything so why not. I dont know why though, personally ive always done street with two brakes.

views?

no brakes makes the movements more flowing, its not just to save weight

or some street riders dont like setting there brakes everey month or so

I

infantry43RIDER

fashion? style ? post #5
yea brakes are and always have been a pain for me...i know thats because i don't know much about set up for them but really i don't want to spend the time learning...i feel more comfortable with being brakeless out on the streets.

S

sentaafEQpovar

fashion? style ? post #6
how do no brakes make things flow better, i see no logic in that.... if i could put on front brakes, i would, just so i could endo for the hell of it

G

fashion? style ? post #7
hmmmm when i used to have no brakes it FELT like i rode smother... but thats just me... no wire slamming my bars and shit and making a clink clink sound

E

Element Biker Dude

fashion? style ? post #8
if u dont like the clink clink sounds then duct tape the cable to ur bars
i do :p

I

infantry43RIDER

fashion? style ? post #9
sentaafEQpovar said:
how do no brakes make things flow better, i see no logic in that.... if i could put on front brakes, i would, just so i could endo for the hell of it
it flows better for me...and by the way i can endo without a front. :roll:

I

ieatcrayons

fashion? style ? post #10
i would run no brakes cuz i ****ing hate messing w/ them every day it seems, but i like doing fufanos and abubacas :?

V

Vic_Vega

fashion? style ? post #11
I like doing footjam lip tricks...no brakes=instant respect(only if you're competant of course :roll: )

I

infantry43RIDER

fashion? style ? post #12
ieatcrayons said:
i would run no brakes cuz i f*ck hate messing w/ them every day it seems, but i like doing fufanos and abubacas :?
why don't use just work on fufs and abubacas without brakes...i can do them...its just about confidence and balance.

I

ieatcrayons

fashion? style ? post #13
i can see how you can do tailtaps, footjam fufanos and those canadian footjams w/o brakes, but i cant see how you can do a fufano w/o any of those. what can you fufano and how long do you actually stay on there?

A

anti-flag

fashion? style ? post #14
i just dont run a front brake cause i dont really have a need 4 one. although i still like my rear brake

E

evanc

fashion? style ? post #15
When I get some money, I'll be rocking the 2 brakes and a gyro. At the moment I'm only with a back brake. 4 pegs 2 brakes and a gyro opens up a lot of new stuff.

V

Vic_Vega

fashion? style ? post #16
infantry43RIDER said:
ieatcrayons said:
i would run no brakes cuz i f*ck hate messing w/ them every day it seems, but i like doing fufanos and abubacas :?
why don't use just work on fufs and abubacas without brakes...i can do them...its just about confidence and balance.
I've never tried fufs or abubacas w/o brakes...seems impossible. You must have balance like a circus freak, Infantry :D .

I

infantry43RIDER

fashion? style ? post #17
ok well have you seen the animal video?
Vic's part...he does a brakeless fuf in there.

it took me around 1 and a half years to learn fufanu's without brakes because of the balance...i would think that i have them down pretty consistant...i learned abubaca's only about in June i would say.

V

Vic_Vega

fashion? style ? post #18
Hmmm, I need to watch more videos. It seems like I might have seen one in a Ride BMX photo somewhere though....Props on the brakeless fufs, Infantry.

I

infantry43RIDER

fashion? style ? post #19
thanks man.
i think maybe i should get a video up on here.

V

Vic_Vega

fashion? style ? post #20
By all means...I would if I wasn't too lazy to mess with cameras. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Topics