Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP?

• Discuss Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? in the Cars/Trucks and Motorsports forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; Pictures are easiest... [IMG]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b37/Dksixpackrider/untitled-6.jpg[/IMG] Top is now. Bottom is what I'm thinking... ...
Jeff_Healitt

Jeff_Healitt

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #1
Pictures are easiest...

Top is now.
Bottom is what I'm thinking.

I have a 360ci in my truck, I'm thinking it should work out and everything, or should I just dump it straight to the ground? I'm just tnto likign the idea of the exhuast staying under the body (SUV). I'm thinking of chopping the pipes after the bends on the manifolds... a little bit of straight then two cherrys and put it just infront of the rear tires. Becuase either way it will need to be chopped to go true dual... or should I keep the 2-to-1?

Main questions.
Will it work right with back pressure?
Should I just run it straight to the back?
Should I go true dual?
Will it be louder then how it currently is?
If i go true dual will i want to keep 2.5" in and 2.5" out or should I go to smaller out?
Should I just put drop tips after the mufflers?

Any help would be awesome, I don't know much about exhaust.

The set-up is just for it being cheap while being legal.

jc6711

jc6711

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #2
Exhuasts are for losers.

Jeff_Healitt

Jeff_Healitt

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #3
Yeah but noise complaints are not cool and no muffler is illlegal. I'd love just to side dump it straight piped.

codeblack

codeblack

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #4
I hate the way dual cherry bombs sound on trucks that aren't actually fast..

IMO - a cherry bomb + a decent muffler afterwards would be dope.. Keep a cat to cut down rasp, and 2.25" or 2.5" piping everywhere - nothing at all bigger..

Jeff_Healitt

Jeff_Healitt

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #5
It has no Cat. 2.5" piping.

codeblack

codeblack

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #6
Yeah. Put a cat back in.

M

Morty76

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #7
A friend in school had a Dodge setup like that, no cat, no mufflers. He drove by us on day and he was getting on it, another friend made the comment "I have guns that are quieter than that truck."

Cutting the exhaust off under the truck will make it even louder, get the outlets away from under the truck. Look for a regular aftermarket muffler like a dynomax or a flowmaster.

codeblack

codeblack

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #8
flowmaster 44's and 60's sound great - 44's are way too loud for anything that isn't a V8 or boxster engine IMO, 50's are nice on almost anything..

jc6711

jc6711

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #9
My sisters truck is just straight out. Loudest truck ive herd around here.

J

JustinE

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #10
My friend has a single glasspack on a 3.2l Ford v6 and it sounds pretty good. Stock tips, everything.

So maybe two cherry's and a then some tips after would be fine.

Jeff_Healitt

Jeff_Healitt

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #11
Well right now it's open... it's not TOO loud... but it's loud. Nott as loud as a True dual 302ci with two glass packs not cats.

Well I'm looking for cheap and just keep it flowing good.

daygoVR6

daygoVR6

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #12
if you want to do the system right and actually gain performance from the install ....

1) dont use cherry bombs
2) dont use stright pipes
3) STAY AWAY FROM FLOWMASTER unless your making over 400 whp flowmasteres are terrible for everyday street use

everyone has their own preference for what to use on what - I prefer magnaflow myself just becasue i have had sucess with them on my street cars and race cars.

If you just want it to be loud and obnixious keep the straight pipe set up - other wise go to a repitibule exhaust shop and have them build a system for you and go from there they can point you in the right direction for a system that will give you good sound and more power. Most shops can build you a system for 3-500american depending on what all is involved and it will give you the best options for pipe size, muffler choice and exhaust tip choices.

codeblack

codeblack

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #13
other wise go to a repitibule exhaust shop and have them build a system for you and go from there they can point you in the right direction for a system that will give you good sound and more power. Most shops can build you a system for 3-500american depending on what all is involved and it will give you the best options for pipe size, muffler choice and exhaust tip choices.
That's how I got my exhaust..

DC header to a high flow cat, to a 2.25" mandrel bent stainless steel exhaust with smoothed and reduced bends, to a stock looking muffler (that was actually made by the guy running the shop, not bought from a site or anything) to a 2.5" tip.. It's a little on the loud side - but I've never heard a deep exhaust on a Honda before that didn't sound like a piece of shit - though I have to say mine sounds pretty slick. No rasp, no rattling, no bullshit.. Just nice, low, growl.. Not something you would usually get from a 1.8L

Jeff_Healitt

Jeff_Healitt

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #14
I might just go to a shop.

I do know cherry bombs are not very good, straight is craptastic.

I just want cheap and legal without holding it back. Loudness is not much of a concern... since well most will make it queiter then it is now.

I'll just take it to a shop and ask for opinions and go from there, get them to rig it up, I'll weld it up and install.

codeblack

codeblack

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #15
a cat and a good muffler will keep it quiet and flow just fine - going straight with nothing but pipe will give you maybe 3 hp more than having a cat/muffler..

I'd also throw a resonator in there to quiet it down at certain rpm's as well..

Jeff_Healitt

Jeff_Healitt

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #16
Itys a big truck... I dpo want some noise.

DangeRoss

DangeRoss

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #17
The flowmaster 40 series i used to have on a 454 sounded great. not to loud and pretty throaty. I had them turned down right after the muffler before the axle. They also sounded way rad when the 250 dual stage nitrous kit kicked on!

rebman

rebman

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #18
That setup will not work.

Jeff_Healitt

Jeff_Healitt

Exhaust... set-up questions. HELP? post #19
^^^^
How about more then that...

New Topics