Excited and Bummed

• Discuss Excited and Bummed in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I am new to BMX and have had my bike for about 2 weeks, I love it and ride as much as I can. I have been trying three tricks over and over; Bunnyhop... ...
  • Tags bike cranks manual wheelie
S

Shock

Excited and Bummed post #1
I am new to BMX and have had my bike for about 2 weeks, I love it and ride as much as I can. I have been trying three tricks over and over; Bunnyhop, Manual, and Wheelie. I can't manual for sh*t and my wheelie is ok, but yesterday I hit my biggest Bhop, a 9X9 inch box. It was sweet. The bad thing was that after clearing it about 5 times I bent my cranks.

I couldn't belive it I haven't even had the bike for that long and the cranks are bent. What I'm wondering is will the manufacturer replace them or not? What do you guys think?

M

Mattarchy

Excited and Bummed post #2
Yeah, they'll replace it, if you have a warrantee.

Just walk and be like look what happened, this shouldnt have happened for what i was doing with it, there must have been a week spot in the middle.

You'll probably have to lie about it, but you'll be able to get your crank fixed.

F

FOL

Excited and Bummed post #3
in many warrantees it says you are secured as long as you don't stunt with your bike...read your warrantee very good, think of a good story and go to the dealer witht hat story.

You had 1 piece or 3 piece crank (probably 1 if you bent one after 2 weeks, just with a manual)

D

DrunkPunk180

Excited and Bummed post #4
what kinda bike just wonderin

S

Shock

Excited and Bummed post #5
It's a DK General Lee. The bike is sweet, I should have known better than to get 1 piece cranks. I took it back to the bike shop right after I noticed it and they said they can't replace it and that DK probably won't replace it either.

New Topics