evolvers

• Discuss evolvers in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i got some evolvers cuz i wanted some stiffer brakes i was going to wait untill the fly brakes came out but i found out there were going to cost like... ...
  • Tags dirt
O

oibmxpunx

evolvers post #1
i got some evolvers cuz i wanted some stiffer brakes i was going to wait untill the fly brakes came out but i found out there were going to cost like $75 i said f*ck that there only brakes so i got the evolvers i was confused at 1st with the tensin but after a hour i got them working real good so if any one need some new brakes or just wants some stiffer brakes get evolvers unless u want to spen $75 for the fly brakes

T

traildemon

evolvers post #3
yeah, I was also waiting for the fly brakes, but word on the street is that they not suitable for trailriders, but the evolvers look sweet. When I have some dineros i'll get them

O

oibmxpunx

evolvers post #4
i dont see why they would not be good for dirt i mostly ride dirt when theres no snow but evolvers are nice for park cuz thats all i can ride for now they lock up real nice good for fufanus tail taps and abubicas thats all ive tryed with them so far

M

Mr_Shrapnel

evolvers post #5
how can a brake not be good for dirt, thats like saying my grips are only good for flatland

RuLe

RuLe

evolvers post #6
I NO HAHA

F

federal_rider12

evolvers post #7
my brakes are stiff and stop on a dime and i got cheap tektro's with the dia-tech fiesta brake upgrade and i went to a straight cable and that all made the world of differencei was going to buy the evolvers but why spend the extra money when this works just as good or even better

D

Devourment 138

evolvers post #8
I have yet to set my Evolvers up...I cant wait :roll: should be fun

T

traildemon

evolvers post #9
what I meant with not good for dirt is that you have to clean 'em when they get sand in them, but that's just something I've heard...but even so I'd still go for the evolvers.

O

oibmxpunx

evolvers post #10
federal_rider12 said:
my brakes are stiff and stop on a dime and i got cheap tektro's with the dia-tech fiesta brake upgrade and i went to a straight cable and that all made the world of differencei was going to buy the evolvers but why spend the extra money when this works just as good or even better
i had dia-tech fiesta brakes with a straight cable thay sucked

F

federal_rider12

evolvers post #11
i got mine set up great i tend to keep locking up the rear wheel and my rim is the demolition with that smoke chrome look so its peeling off which should make stopping harder but nope these things work great, but right now im looking at new rims or anything i can buy but mostly a new rim and i need to find the atomlab trailking and im going to check albes but does anybody know any more places that might have atomlabs?

O

oibmxpunx

evolvers post #12
albes dose not have them

F

federal_rider12

evolvers post #13
yeah i figured and i want atomlabs and a new cassette hub(something cheap but very good since i only got $75 right now and i want it to come with at least 16t and 13t cogs--been looking at seshin) because of the weather im very bored and i been wanted to do some work so another little thing for me to do is fix up an old gt my friend has that has cracked welds 3/8 axle slots needs paint and some other minor things and im converting it to 14mm and fix the headtube or replace if not 1 1/8 i might even have to replace the drop outs so they are thicker but the frame is full chromoly

D

Deliciouspeed

evolvers post #14
You can make all the brakes work well. It's mostly the pad,rim surface type,cable type and tuning that make most of the differance. I'd go with the lightest unit and run a good pad.

I run an evolver now-but only because of drivetrain clearence issues.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

evolvers post #15
yeah, totally. when people say their brakes suck, i just laugh, cos its allmost always not their brakes that suck, ITS THEM cos they dont know how to dial them in well, or have the right rim/pad combo.

RuLe

RuLe

evolvers post #16
well sometimes when u do dirt and dirt gets into your brake and stuff. It makes your brakes not work and that when i would say my brakes suck
I would buy these brakes if yours arent working good, This is why i ordered them

I ordered these brakes because

1. Everyone rides them
2. Everyone said they are the best
3. They come in stylish colors which is a +
4. 2x4 Pads for high sidewalls

L

leeuw

evolvers post #17
Mr_Shrapnel said:
yeah, totally. when people say their brakes suck, i just laugh, cos its allmost always not their brakes that suck, ITS THEM cos they dont know how to dial them in well, or have the right rim/pad combo.
crap, wash your mouth!

ride on, leeuw

I

infantry43RIDER

evolvers post #18
RuLe said:
well sometimes when u do dirt and dirt gets into your brake and stuff. It makes your brakes not work and that when i would say my brakes suck
I would buy these brakes if yours arent working good, This is why i ordered them

I ordered these brakes because

1. Everyone rides them
2. Everyone said they are the best
3. They come in stylish colors which is a +
4. 2x4 Pads for high sidewalls
hahahaahahahahaha.
that should explain my reaction.
everyone rides them...get them guys...and colors are for better braking performance for sure.

RuLe

RuLe

evolvers post #19
whatever dude. odyssey are the most selling and are called the most powerfull brakes by all customers. and i no tons of peopel that ride them and said they work awesome. And i said colors are a plus. Shit good brakes in colors to match your bike or what not. I wouldnt buy them if they where *** brakes even if they where in color.. Like the Pig unsealed headset is in colors but i would rather get the Pig sealed and it only comes in polished and black.

Say what you want but everyone nos these brakes are kickass. So what are you gonna do? Everytime u see a red tire on a bike you are gonna say wow does that red tire make you go faster? Or if they got a red brake cable, you gonna say does that help your brakes work better? Your Dumb. They make colors to go with your bike colors , style , and for show mostly.

O

oibmxpunx

evolvers post #20
hey my black tire makes me go faster and my blue brakes stop better then black ones

New Topics