Ever Tried This?

• Discuss Ever Tried This? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey, I've been working on the flatland tailwhip for a long time lately, and I've found myself putting the free foot (the foot that kicks the frame) on... ...
  • Tags decade tailwhip
stoned-n-happy

stoned-n-happy

Ever Tried This? post #1
Hey, I've been working on the flatland tailwhip for a long time lately, and I've found myself putting the free foot (the foot that kicks the frame) on to the front of the front tire, rather than hovering it in the air. Does anyone else do this? Also, I've been working on the tailwhip for like 6 or 7 hours of complete tailwhip practise and I still haven't gotten it once. How long did it take you guys?

K

keep it real

Ever Tried This? post #2
Yeah man, ive been trying to master it but as close as i can get is one foot on the frame, also when i do it its like 270 whip then a get the rest of the wayon the front wheel just spinin on it...

T

The Worst

Ever Tried This? post #3
I use my free foot to balance.... I also found it easier to learn when I would spin my body to the front like a 180 decade and cath the frame there....so its like a 1/2 tailwhip and 1/2 decade.

F

FOL

Ever Tried This? post #4
there is a difference in how the tailwhip is done. From your description it seems liek you put your foot on the peg and your 'free' foot on the tire. The regulkar tailwhip is done by putting one foot on the tire directly, and kicking the frame with your other foot, which then becomes your free foot for balance and catching the frame. It is a pretty nifty trick to get this dialled.

P

[PRIMO]

Ever Tried This? post #5
yeah i've ried it before and got it lke twice out of well lets just say alot and its very hard to master the trick try out ways and expirament to see how you caN get it

F

federal_rider12

Ever Tried This? post #6
i do foot jam whips and i only balance on the foot that jams the wheel since i dont have a peg on my left side. but ive been working on doing a half whip drop switch my feet, which causes the back of bike to pop back of the ground, and start scuffing then do like a half decade. i dont know if anyone can get that but its hard and its hard for me to explain.

T

Trimix

Ever Tried This? post #7
I am getting these dialed now. You'er going to have to deal with the jamming foot crossing the frame at some point in the whip. Whether you decide to put your right foot (for us righty's) OVER the frame and onto the front tire FIRST.....then push (not kick) with the left leg (which is what I do)....OR you decide to use the same foot that is pushing the frame (I have seen this too) where you push with the left, and also jam with it.....when the frame comes back around you are STILL going to have to lift that left foot OVER the top bar to get it back to the pedals.

This should probably be in "tricks"

New Topics