Euro Bottom

• Discuss Euro Bottom in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; What's it mean to have a euro bottom bracket? ...
  • Tags bike bikes gt
Rufio-Condor

Rufio-Condor

Euro Bottom post #1
What's it mean to have a euro bottom bracket?

T

traildemon

Euro Bottom post #2
it means that you can only fit euro bottom brackets.
There isn't much difference between the euro and the american bb.
The euro bb isn't as strong, but easier to take apart and reinstal, and the Am bb is bigger and a bit heavier (not that it makes a big difference) Flybikes has just developped a spanish bb, smaller than the AmericanBB and stronger than the euro.

L

LuMpY

Euro Bottom post #3
Euro bb's are smaller in diameter than american bb's. Mountain bikes use "euro" bb's.

Rufio-Condor

Rufio-Condor

Euro Bottom post #4
thanks for the replies.

E

EPMD

Euro Bottom post #5
euro sucks... weak..

T

traildemon

Euro Bottom post #6
euro sucks... weak..
are you really that pathetic?? I bet you didn't even kbow what bb were before you read this thread...

L

LuMpY

Euro Bottom post #7
8O :lol: Euro bb's suck? That's a good one. Tell that to Rick Moliterno(owns Standard Bykes), he rides a euro. My friend I think you suck. Learn to ride smoother and you won't have any probs. :wink: I almost forgot..freeriders, huckers, and downhillers all use that style of bb as well. I think that speaks plenty about their strength.

Rufio-Condor

Rufio-Condor

Euro Bottom post #8
Van Homan rides euro too

I

infantry43RIDER

Euro Bottom post #9
many riders do...they do it because its lighter weight...not because of anything else.

euro bb's do suck...they aren't as strong and like i have said many times...never sacrifice strength for some stupid oz.

R

rocket

Euro Bottom post #10
infantry43RIDER said:
many riders do...they do it because its lighter weight...not because of anything else.

euro bb's do suck...they aren't as strong and like i have said many times...never sacrifice strength for some stupid oz.
your taking YOUR opinion and saying they "suck" but your statements show you dont know what your talking about. you have never had a euro right? so how can you say they suck? Just because you have herd they are weaker, (i assume you mean the bearings) dosent mean they suck. Tell that to the MANY PROS that ride a euro, im sure you would lose the argument because i myself use to think they were stupid but recently i started talking to many bike companies, shops, forums, and riders asking about euros with questions like..."Why are almost all the pros switching to euro BB's?""What is so good about them"? i got tons of positive feed back and all the negative stuff seems to mainly come from riders that have never had a euro, so go figure :roll:
You said, "they do it because its lighter weight.......not because of anything else"...you got lighter weight right, but you forgot, 1) Ease of instalation 2) Abtain perfect chain alinement. 3) Stronger/Thicker BB shell. 4) quote from a Sponsered DK rider, "a more solid and smoother spin". 5) less likely to hang up on coping and grinds.
hmmm...sounds good to me :hmm:

Id say those reasons outweigh the so-called "weaker bearings". i talked to a amature rider thats had the same euro for over a year and it still spins like new. Its not common for bearings on a euro to weaken. In fact since the realease of mass production of euro bearings in America, bike companies have improved the internal design. The botton line is strength isnt really an issue. Euro bearings may be "slighter weaker" but its nothing to worry about and technically it doesnt matter....If it did, dont you think pros would stick with standard BB? Ive never herd somebody say "American BBs are not strong enough"....so think about it...American BBs are "plenty strong"...Euros are "strong" :idea: (not weak)

I

infantry43RIDER

Euro Bottom post #11
dude...
i have tried a euro...for about a month using my friends ride...i wanted to try it out...and i disliked it...so yes it is my opinion...i can state it if i want to.
and also dude...when you said easier installation...not really ive got the profile installers and its easy as shit...ive got good chain alignment nothing is perfect...and my spin is pretty damn good (crankflips spin just fine) again nothing is perfect...it is weaker...and i like my american bb.
looks better too...not all that "im perfect little nice and clean shit look."

I

infantry43RIDER

Euro Bottom post #12
oh and one more thing.
those pros you are talking about are riding their frame sponsors...bike that uh come with euro...

R

rocket

Euro Bottom post #13
infantry43RIDER said:
dude...
i have tried a euro...for about a month using my friends ride...i wanted to try it out...and i disliked it...so yes it is my opinion...i can state it if i want to.
and also dude...when you said easier installation...not really ive got the profile installers and its easy as shit...ive got good chain alignment nothing is perfect...and my spin is pretty damn good (crankflips spin just fine) again nothing is perfect...it is weaker...and i like my american bb.
looks better too...not all that "im perfect little nice and clean shit look."
I agree. i have American now and i like the look better too. But chain alignment can be perfect with a euro on Any gear ratio unlike american. i have a $1,100 bike as proof. what i dont agree is once again you say its weaker but that weakness isnt a factor in over all performance.

Now on too your next post...

R

rocket

Euro Bottom post #14
infantry43RIDER said:
oh and one more thing.
those pros you are talking about are riding their frame sponsors...bike that uh come with euro...
first off i agree with most of all your posts so theres no harm intended.

this one here though really surprised me. you have good knowledge but this is just flat out wrong. Bikes dont just come with euros. They are comming that way because the pro sponsered riders want them that way. most of them are made to exact specs based on what the rider wants. thats why i say more and more pros are wanting/switching to euros. please call some bike companies and ask for your self.

I

infantry43RIDER

Euro Bottom post #15
yea i know what you are saying.
but then again im not all into buying signature frames...im more into the team designed frames...those usually have american bb's...well now they have both because of the demand for euro...i mean obviously if its a signature frame and the rider wants euro the frame is getting a euro.
i just don't like it...i guess thats just way i am..old school or some shit...its not for me...but i know what you are saying.
i do wish more sig frames had an option for american though.

R

rocket

Euro Bottom post #16
Straight up. im old school as you can get. thats why i did mad research on the "euro bb evolution". i was lovin the sig frames but was disapointed they are all euros...so i went on a month or so mission to find out why. id say 95% of feedback was positive. i still love bashing in the american bb bearings :D but im leaning towards the euro for the same reasons pros are. i just hate when people say they suck....thats like telling somebody their bike sucks. it works for most, but dont for others. :wink:

I

infantry43RIDER

Euro Bottom post #17
yea word.
i just don't like them...the look or anything.
im going to stay with my american as long as they make them.

G

Euro Bottom post #18
i dont think it is really somethin to get worked up about, it doesnt really make that much a difference wat bracket u got

T

traildemon

Euro Bottom post #19
like I said..maybe in ten years we'll all look back and discuss how we could ever ride a euro or an american bb.
Now it's only a possibility but my guess is that we'll develop more better, stronger and easier to instal bb...like the new spanish bb...i really don't care if it looks good...it just has to combine the two existing bb, well except for their cons....

I

infantry43RIDER

Euro Bottom post #20
the spanish bb probally won't catch on though.

New Topics