Euro bottom bracket?

• Discuss Euro bottom bracket? in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I had a question on the euro bottom brackets. How tight do I tighten the side bolts on the crank arm? Not the pinch bolts, but the bolt that pulls... ...
H

haro_bmx_king

Euro bottom bracket? post #1
I had a question on the euro bottom brackets. How tight do I tighten the side bolts on the crank arm? Not the pinch bolts, but the bolt that pulls the arm to the spindle. Just want to make sure that I don't break anything. Also, what is the best way to get the back wheel aligned and have some chain tension without chain tensioners? Thanks

S

StandardOX

Euro bottom bracket? post #2
haro_bmx_king said:
I had a question on the euro bottom brackets. How tight do I tighten the side bolts on the crank arm? Not the pinch bolts, but the bolt that pulls the arm to the spindle. Just want to make sure that I don't break anything. Also, what is the best way to get the back wheel aligned and have some chain tension without chain tensioners? Thanks
Tighten the bolts until snug. Not overtighten, but snug.

The best way I could come up with on keeping a chain tight w/ out tensioners is to take a set of pliers, and spread the handle. Take the handles of the pliers, and put one side of the handle on each side of the wheel. Now, push ur wheel by usinf ur frame for leverage with the pliers. If you do it right, the wheel stays straight, and chain stays tight. I suck at explaining stuff, so you may not know what I'm talkin about.

Oh yeah, and tighten the nuts on ur wheels as tight as you can possibly get em. That's what everyone in terrible one does. They don't believe in chain tensioners :roll:

S

sentaafEQpovar

Euro bottom bracket? post #3
wtf r euroBB?

New Topics