Euro BB

• Discuss Euro BB in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; What are the benefits of a euro bottom bracket compared to a normal one ...
  • Tags gt
el nombre

el nombre

Euro BB post #1
What are the benefits of a euro bottom bracket compared to a normal one

G

Euro BB post #2
it is lighter

I

infantry43RIDER

Euro BB post #3
yea that is a big reason for a lot of riders...also its a trend.
but the crank cups and such can just thread in with a Euro BB which is unlike a American BB.

R

rocket

Euro BB post #4
infantry43RIDER said:
but the crank cups and such can just thread in with a Euro BB which is unlike a American BB.
its NOT a trend dammit! :evil:

F

federal_rider12

Euro BB post #5
advantages- lighter weight--easy to remove and install

disadvantage-smaller bearings wears out quicker and could and probably would break easier since it is smaller especially a 22mm the size weight and abuse a 22mm would take would have to smash the bearings

R

rocket

Euro BB post #6
federal_rider12 said:
advantages- lighter weight--easy to remove and install

disadvantage-smaller bearings wears out quicker and could and probably would break easier since it is smaller especially a 22mm the size weight and abuse a 22mm would take would have to smash the bearings
thing is though..the odds of one breaking is very slim. (look at how many pros ride one) one of these days you anti-euro BB guys will understand that they are just as good if not better than an American BB. the advantages outweigh the "so-called" disadvantages buy a long shot.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Euro BB post #7
yeah they are light and they are easier to instal / remove, but what the point when they are so weak?

oh and not that the profile evo bb is out, the whole "easy installation" thing is no longer exclusive to euro bb's.
conclusion = euro bbs suck. unless you are a flatlander, a light (ish) racer, or a very, very smooth rider. if you are, then they are pretty good i guess.

I

infantry43RIDER

Euro BB post #8
icerocket said:
infantry43RIDER said:
its NOT a trend dammit! :evil:
keep telling yourself that.

euro bb caught on because its easy to install and then everyone was doing it...but there are companies that make easy install stuff for american as well.

T

Trimix

Euro BB post #9
I would have to agree with Icerocket on this one. I also agree that some go Euro out of trend.....but I think it is starting to get away from that now. My profiles came with two sets of bearings on each side. I understand they use to have only one (where the weak talk started) I ride a Euro BB now and it is SIMPLE to install, and I have literally beat the HELL out of my bike, but it is still smooth as greased moose poop.

They probably ARE weaker in theory, but I have not had a problem with them and I do slamming disasters all the time, which SHOULD be a true test of a Euro's strength.

F

federal_rider12

Euro BB post #10
yeah pros ride them who cares they are probably pretty smooth riders unlike me im like a bombshell when i land i explode ive loosend up the bearings on my crank i have now and the profile ss bearings i had so i wont touch a euro yes a euro is nice since it is easy to remove weight i dont care and its not that much but it has no where near as much strength as a american just look at the size of the bearings!!! the bigger the bearings the better and just because pros ride them doesnt make them strong or good it just means thats what they want to ride

the only thing id ever get that be like a euro would be the profile evolution if they make it except 22mm spindles

New Topics