Equipment Question, Very weird, please help!

• Discuss Equipment Question, Very weird, please help! in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; First of all, hello i'm new here 8O , seeing you guys are a pretty good and resoursful forum :D i decided to post my question here, well the problem... ...
  • Tags bike
$

$$

Equipment Question, Very weird, please help! post #1
First of all, hello i'm new here 8O , seeing you guys are a pretty good and resoursful forum :D i decided to post my question here, well the problem i have is that in my bike (haro 540) the air from the front tire always lowers, sometimes it gets flat from night to day and no matter how many times i change the tire (change it to the same brand) or tube it keeps lowering, i know that i dont pinch flat it, i ride like any normal person so i know it isn't because of the way i ride. what should i do!? i am getting annoyed, what could it be!? please post what you think it could be, thanks in advanced.

R

reyesjr02

Equipment Question, Very weird, please help! post #2
check for extremely small pinholes.......thats probably your problem. just buy a new tube for $2.50, problem solved

$

$$

Equipment Question, Very weird, please help! post #3
nah, i have bought over 4 different tubes

B

bruisedbob

Equipment Question, Very weird, please help! post #4
Try lining the inside of your rim with electrical tape or a cut piece of tube. I'd bet the spoke nipples are putting little holes in the tube, or get some super thick tubes (thorn-proof). If that doesn't work toss the whole thing, its mojo is screwed. :twisted:

J

JezabelleRed

Equipment Question, Very weird, please help! post #5
Hi,
I use duct tape. Double layer. Better from electrical tape from
my experience. Check the insides of you rims. See if there's any minute
sharp protusions on the nipple holes, the valve holes or the
weld/joint of your rim. That may be the root of your problem.
Fibre reinforced duct tape is best. Line the inside of your rims to cover
all the nipple holes or any potential sharp surface.

A cut piece of tube will move around and an electrical tape will allow
any sharp surfaces inside your rim to poke through when you pump
up your tire.

Also it would help a lot if you put in some flour in there too (or any fine powdery stuff like climbers chalk.) Use a little like just enough to get it
between the tyre and the tube. But I use flour because I like to bake cakes sometimes :). Sounds wacky but it works very very well. The reason for this is because your tube tries to move around/stretch expand in your tire when you land jumps or do tricks and land doing tricks or whatever you do on your bike. Without any powdery substance the rubber would not have the freedom to
'move' inside your tyre and that would lead to pinch flats ( little snake bite
like punctures, like a very little slit) Since I used this method I haven't got any pinch flats for like 2 1/2 months till today and I use just a generic tube.
Previously before I know this method I got 1 pinch flat a week AT LEAST.

Also be careful when you get your tubes inside your rim when you change tubes.

If the problem persists come back here and ask somemore.

Whatever you do, don't toss the whole thing. :wink:

M

Mr_Shrapnel

Equipment Question, Very weird, please help! post #6
its possibly a spoke nipple poking through which, is puncturing each tube you put in, or a small shard of something sharp.

check every mm of the inside of the rim to make sure nothing is poking through.

O

OdysseyRider

Equipment Question, Very weird, please help! post #7
just make sure u have a rim strip, and when u pump up ur tire check to see if the tube is coming out from the tire, and keep ur tire at 60 psi so if u case it it won't blow out....

$

$$

Equipment Question, Very weird, please help! post #8
Thanks for all the replies, they are pretty helpful.....but i'll just put some cheap tube and sell it because i'm buying a Hoffman Disrupter L1

New Topics