eastern birectional

• Discuss eastern birectional in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i have had some problems with my tube sticking out of my tyre lately and it pisses me off so bad, ive changed tubes, tyres and still doesnt fix. i... ...
Z

zandybmx

eastern birectional post #1
i have had some problems with my tube sticking out of my tyre lately and it pisses me off so bad, ive changed tubes, tyres and still doesnt fix. i found a dent in my rim which i think could be the problem why the tube keeps sticking out but the dent isnt big enough, or is it? something as simple as a bunnyhop and the tube sticks out its makes me angry and i cant afford a new rim at the moment so am i going to have to bend the dent back in place?

any help would be much appreciated.

X

xchaosx

eastern birectional post #2
stronger tire maybe? some regular tires can't take impact pressure.

2WheelPride

2WheelPride

eastern birectional post #3
When you inflate the tire make sure it is even all around and on both sides, if not deflate it and try again it helps to inflate them at a medium pace not too fast or too slow use a compressor. To get the bend out use an adjustable open end and carefully pry it out.

Z

zandybmx

eastern birectional post #4
stronger tire maybe? some regular tires can't take impact pressure.
when the tyre is completly deflated i can move the tyre around heaps as if i could almost take it off with my bare hands do you think that could be the problem maybe the tyres to big?

mack_turtle

mack_turtle

eastern birectional post #5
tire seating is key. make sure the bead of the tire fits evenly all around the rim.

how much pressure are you putting in the tire?

Pickles

Pickles

eastern birectional post #6
dont by the "thumb test" use a gauge,put in around 60-70psi minimum,especially for the back. I run 100psi on a primo wall/sun city light atm.

when I ran lower psi one time on accident,had a hand pump,replaced the tube,put in like 50,was supposed to use the air at the shop when i got here,was busy,etc etc went to the park,tire tap and kaPOP goes the tube,the wheel popped off the rim.

try higher psi see how that works.

New Topics