eastern Birectional, any good.

• Discuss eastern Birectional, any good. in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Hey, im in desperate need of a new back wheel so i said hey why not go cassette. Im limited on money cause this is an early xmas present and my mom... ...
L

lildrewmilby

eastern Birectional, any good. post #1
Hey, im in desperate need of a new back wheel so i said hey why not go cassette.

Im limited on money cause this is an early xmas present and my mom isnt tooo happy.

I was looking at the eastern birectional at danscomp.http://www.danscomp.com/402094.php

or should i get this from albes
http://www.albes.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1911

is it anygood?
I might be using the birectional use, but idk which side i grind on yet so idk.

Any thanks, i did use the search button and i found a thread but it didnt have as many reviews as i would like.

Thanks!

Last edited:
MrMikexxxx

MrMikexxxx

eastern Birectional, any good. post #2
i want it, lol, just so i can use the rhd, until i get the money for cranks to get lhd.

newrider3

newrider3

eastern Birectional, any good. post #3
Everyone here will tell you that Eastern wheels are absolute shit, and blow up at the slightest notice. BUT, I know many people who run the cheap 9er without issue, plus they sound sexy.

M

MATRIX

eastern Birectional, any good. post #5
Hey, im in desperate need of a new back wheel so i said hey why not go cassette.

Im limited on money cause this is an early xmas present and my mom isnt tooo happy.

I was looking at the eastern birectional at danscomp.http://www.danscomp.com/402094.php

or should i get this from albes
http://www.albes.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1911

is it anygood?
I might be using the birectional use, but idk which side i grind on yet so idk.

Any thanks, i did use the search button and i found a thread but it didnt have as many reviews as i would like.

Thanks!
It's a mid-level hub. It will handle most stuff you throw at it. It can be a pain to reverse the internals if you wana change drive sides...but small price to pay.

I suggest looking at the SNAFU hubs...cheap and q-lite(like WTP hubs), they engage great, almost as well as my old Profiles. And they look good.

L

lildrewmilby

eastern Birectional, any good. post #6
It's a mid-level hub. It will handle most stuff you throw at it. It can be a pain to reverse the internals if you wana change drive sides...but small price to pay.

I suggest looking at the SNAFU hubs...cheap and q-lite(like WTP hubs), they engage great, almost as well as my old Profiles. And they look good.

thanks for the input, now are you saying that about the eastern or the "haro" one from albes.?

the ace of spade

the ace of spade

eastern Birectional, any good. post #7
well i'm riding a birectional right now, and i have to say, i love how i can switch drive sides. i grind right, so i had a lot of issues on boxes with hitting my chain or my chainwheel, but then i decided to switch to lhd (my crank could be either) and everything was perfect.
the only problem i've seen with them was that it was a real pain to switch the drive side, that, and i bent my axel. dont ask me how, but i did. now i have to be real careful about how its put in place, otherwise the wheel will be uneven, but its not that big of a deal, a new axel is like $10

overall its a good wheel, not the best out there, but it does the job real well

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

eastern Birectional, any good. post #8
i would never go with a wheel that isnt sealed and surely not one where
the DRIVER isnt sealed will only end badly over time
i hear those wheels dont roll right and can tighten up on you randomly
i dont know personally but just looking at the hot to on changing the drive side you
can see what the driver looks like and i wouldnt go there for sure
id get the haro cuz it looks good enough and it comes with a sprocket so thats a deal

L

lildrewmilby

eastern Birectional, any good. post #9
i would never go with a wheel that isnt sealed and surely not one where
the DRIVER isnt sealed will only end badly over time
i hear those wheels dont roll right and can tighten up on you randomly
i dont know personally but just looking at the hot to on changing the drive side you
can see what the driver looks like and i wouldnt go there for sure
id get the haro cuz it looks good enough and it comes with a sprocket so thats a deal
ok cool thanks, any idea of the hub for that haro deal? Im guessing its a haro? kinda looks like the proper 6061.

Superbeast

Superbeast

eastern Birectional, any good. post #10
http://www.danscomp.com/402011.php?cat=PARTS
Alex Supra E lite laced to poverty cassette (which contrary to what alot of people say, is actually good)
Cheaper than either wheel and will hold up better with all sealed bearings, 36 or 48 hold option and if you have brakes you'll love the chrome.

MrMikexxxx

MrMikexxxx

eastern Birectional, any good. post #12
go 48, stronger,

want my freecoaster? lol 130 for the whole wheel, lhd,

light for a fc wheel, 48h 4 cross lacing,

M

MATRIX

eastern Birectional, any good. post #13
Get this wheel set and your good for awhile:

http://americancycle.com/itemdetails.cfm?id=2300

SNAFU hubs, with Q-lite tech(same as a WTP internals). They have a spoke/flange gaurd, light, smooth, strong...cheap!

I'm running the same hubs with different rims. I belive the stock wheel set has Alex rims.

For 300$ plus shipping, for a wheel set they are HARD to beat.

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

eastern Birectional, any good. post #14
try ebay might find something you like for cheap

M

MATRIX

eastern Birectional, any good. post #16
i like that one, do you live in new jersey, cause my friend told me that staff bmx is in incline club?

oh and wat goes with 12t driver?
You DO NOT want a Salt hub...belive me.

I am running the SNAFU hubs I posted(since last Nov) with different rims. And they are almost as nice as my old Profiles.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

lildrewmilby

eastern Birectional, any good. post #17
Ight well this kid i know is selling his Oddy hazard hub laced to a Oddy hazard rim for like $80. So im going to get that.

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

eastern Birectional, any good. post #18
sounds like a god deal and a good choice

L

lildrewmilby

eastern Birectional, any good. post #19
sounds like a god deal and a good choice
yea i think its a little bent and loose spokes.My local (some wat local) bike store has a special that you can get your rim straightened, trued, and hub maintence for $15.

i have a 39 sprocket, do you think riding a 12th with it or maybe a 11th i forget, might be bad? Like maybe chain snaping or something?

misterbryan

misterbryan

eastern Birectional, any good. post #20
whats wrong with buying the parts of the wheel separately?

New Topics