Eastern Bikes

• Discuss Eastern Bikes in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; What Do You Think About Them??? Cause Ive Been Hearing Alot Of Stuff About Them. ...
THEICON32

THEICON32

Eastern Bikes post #1
What Do You Think About Them??? Cause Ive Been Hearing Alot Of Stuff About Them.

Fey

Fey

Eastern Bikes post #2
Don't touch an Eastern bike with a barge pole.
Because the bike will break.

johnuk

johnuk

Eastern Bikes post #3
I have spent since February studying the law, shelling out cash and now have to go to court to get a refund for an Eastern Bike. I never want to repeat this shit

B

ben

Eastern Bikes post #4
they make light parts, people struggle to understand if they want really light then it will be reflected in the strength.
They get a bad reputation for feeding the market

90psi

90psi

Eastern Bikes post #5
steer clear get a fit or a wtp

johnuk

johnuk

Eastern Bikes post #6
It wasn't a weight issue that I sent mine back for - I can appreciate things being more breakable if they're light. The bottom bracket was clicking and popping out of the box - the chain was absolutely rock solid tight and so had probably messed the bearings up

Last edited:
B

ben

Eastern Bikes post #7
well i'd put that down to the bearing suppliers as all companies get the bearings from the same place but hey I'm just saying general (not aimed at johnuk lol) that people should give eastern a go, theres bad stories about all companies

bike ryder

bike ryder

Eastern Bikes post #8
suck. get a fit or kink or wtp

johnuk

johnuk

Eastern Bikes post #9
I don't think you're getting at me - that's cool

I expect the bearings were okay to start with, I think Eastern or Extreme Direct overtightened the chain when they put it together - it was way too tight. I mean, you couldn't move it if you pressed on it. They even told me to do it up some more over the phone

B

ben

Eastern Bikes post #10
lol idiots, I think extreme direct should replace the bb by the sound of things

bike ryder

bike ryder

Eastern Bikes post #11
johnuk

johnuk

Eastern Bikes post #12
yeah, I sent it back asking for a refund, but they're not having any of it, so we're off to court in November

bike ryder

bike ryder

Eastern Bikes post #13
good luck john

B

ben

Eastern Bikes post #15
I'm guessing extreme direct are slightly more at fault than the company in question, eastern, I blow bearings alot, doesnt mean its a bad company lol

johnuk

johnuk

Eastern Bikes post #16
I'm guessing extreme direct are slightly more at fault than the company in question, eastern, I blow bearings alot, doesnt mean its a bad company lol
Possibly. I'm not sure if Eastern assembled the chain or if that was Extreme Direct. It came packed looking like it had come from a factory - but a wire wrapper and industrial staple gun aren't beyond a bike shop I guess

If they put the chain on it'd explain why they're so upset about refunding me, since they'll have to send it back to Eastern with a fault on it they produced

Pickles

Pickles

Eastern Bikes post #17
Eastern has a cool history,the way the company came to be is an awesome story

they just dont live up to it.

they put holes in everything and are the leaders in making parts light by sacrificing strength. They even made a titanium frame a while back. I wonder how many people bought them,I saw 3 in my whole riding life. Their warranty dept is also notorious for "losing things in the mail"

r1seofbrutality

r1seofbrutality

Eastern Bikes post #20
i got an ace of spades back in the day and the cranks broke with in a week i would never get another eastern

New Topics