dropping in

• Discuss dropping in in the Beginners / New to BMX forum in area BMX-Forum Community; [color=cyan][/color] [b]How do i acid drop onto a 1/2 or 1/4 pipe? :?: :?: [/b] ...
  • Tags bike bmx halfpipe vert
B

boo

dropping in post #1

How do i acid drop onto a 1/2 or 1/4 pipe? :?: :?:

F

federal_rider12

dropping in post #2
ive never heard of acid drop in bmx only skateboarding, so are you talking about dropping in?

B

boo

dropping in post #3
federal_rider12 said:
ive never heard of acid drop in bmx only skateboarding, so are you talking about dropping in?
yes sorry

F

FOL

dropping in post #4
use better titles...everyone needs help around here. Also post it in the right forum <= Tricks => or <= beginners =>..

Let's see, I'll move it to beginners this time and change the title, next time it will be locked and you can try again, but then with a proper name in the right forum ;)

have fun

B

boo

dropping in post #5
FOL said:
use better titles...everyone needs help around here. Also post it in the right forum <= Tricks => or <= beginners =>..

Let's see, I'll move it to beginners this time and change the title, next time it will be locked and you can try again, but then with a proper name in the right forum ;)

have fun

B

boo

dropping in post #6
FOL said:

have fun

T

Trimix

dropping in post #7
boo said:

Dropping in on a quarter-pipe and a half-pipe would be quite different I think. A quarter usually doesn't have any vertical at the top of the ramp. For these kinds of ramps (which is what I think you are talking about) approach it from an angle, this will reduce the angle of the ramp which you drop in making it less steep and easier, say 45 degrees+-. Roll at a slow but stable speed, and when the front tire touches the coping (or 'edge' of the ramp, if no coping at the lip) turn slightly into the ramp with the front wheel, and lean into the roll slightly, toward the bottom of the ramp. The biggest mistake you can make (everyone does) is trying to stay upright on the bike, not leaning into the ramp, and sliding down the ramp sideways. Once you do 638926583 of those, you can start dropping straight in, or bunny hopping into the ramp.

Dropping into a big halfpipe requires bunnyhopping vertically into the tranny, doesn't it? I cannot give you advice on that one. :) yet

B

boo

dropping in post #8
Trimix said:
boo said:

Dropping in on a quarter-pipe and a half-pipe would be quite different I think. A quarter usually doesn't have any vertical at the top of the ramp. For these kinds of ramps (which is what I think you are talking about) approach it from an angle, this will reduce the angle of the ramp which you drop in making it less steep and easier, say 45 degrees+-. Roll at a slow but stable speed, and when the front tire touches the coping (or 'edge' of the ramp, if no coping at the lip) turn slightly into the ramp with the front wheel, and lean into the roll slightly, toward the bottom of the ramp. The biggest mistake you can make (everyone does) is trying to stay upright on the bike, not leaning into the ramp, and sliding down the ramp sideways. Once you do 638926583 of those, you can start dropping straight in, or bunny hopping into the ramp.

Dropping into a big halfpipe requires bunnyhopping vertically into the tranny, doesn't it? I cannot give you advice on that one. :) yet

F

federal_rider12

dropping in post #9
and usually quarter pipes arent good to start dropping in on because they arent wide i started on a 6ft tall8-10ft wide ramp and everytime i would go to the very end when dropping in and almost always ride off the edge, all becuase i get almost one pedal in and hurry and bunnyhop in the deck was just too tiny

B

boo

dropping in post #10
federal_rider12 said:
and usually quarter pipes arent good to start dropping in on because they arent wide i started on a 6ft tall8-10ft wide ramp and everytime i would go to the very end when dropping in and almost always ride off the edge, all becuase i get almost one pedal in and hurry and bunnyhop in the deck was just too tiny
thank u very much

E

evanc

dropping in post #11
federal_rider12 said:
*tear* Come ride out ramps, man. if you double peg it, you have maybe a foot on either side of your peg. They're probably 6 feet wide. It's still possible to hop in on those, you don't need much speed.

K

kam_holmes

dropping in post #12
the first big ramp i dropped into was a hhuuggee quarter pipe, that goes vert at the top of the tranny, just need to bunny hop "down" the transition, pushing the front down & making sure your back wheel doesnt hang up. easy really :)

S

sentaafEQpovar

dropping in post #13
i think acid drop on a bike si when your at a dead stop, and u bunnyhop to drop in

F

federal_rider12

dropping in post #14
i wasnt talking about getting speed to drop in, i was saying i could barely get moving to drop in. most of the time i was using the railing to launch myself instead of pedaling

T

Trimix

dropping in post #15
sentaafEQpovar said:
i think acid drop on a bike si when your at a dead stop, and u bunnyhop to drop in
Sentaaf, you may have something there. I wonder if that is what he meant? The quarter pipes I am riding right now are either 4 /12 or 5 feet tall, and have short decks on them. You really don't need room to drop in....just enough to stand up on the bike. You can of course drop in from a complete standstill but I was not sure that was what he was asking.

S

sentaafEQpovar

dropping in post #17
oh well they shouyld call that acid dropping or sumthing i dunnno.... just when ur bike is dead still on the ramp, and u do a bunnyhop and like a 90 and ppoint your front end down and stuff, and ride down the q-pipe... looks cool imo

New Topics