dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do.

• Discuss dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I was learning some grinds today and i think i landed on my pegs too hard. bcoz the dropouts on the fork have bent. This also causes the wheel to be... ...
N

n3lli

dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. post #1
I was learning some grinds today and i think i landed on my pegs too hard. bcoz the dropouts on the fork have bent. This also causes the wheel to be stiff and not spin freely.

so what should i do? will i need a new fork? or should i just try ride with it and see if it'll hold up.

thanks.

C

Chuzzlewit

dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. post #2
Personally, i wouldnt risk it with forks, it would prolly be safer if you replaced them.

M

Mr_Shrapnel

dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. post #3
get a hammer and a bit of wod, rest the wod on the drop out and wack it untill it is straight. but dont hit it too hard metal works better if you use lots of little hits in quick succession.

I

infantry43RIDER

dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. post #4
yes this could work.
don't let lumpy see that though because you are using hammer.
just realize that it won't be as strong as it was before you hit it back straight.

D

DezXc

dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. post #5
if you bend it back it will be weaker

get new forks

E

EPMD

dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. post #6
DezXc said:
if you bend it back it will be weaker

get new forks
Yeah thats also true.. i guess it depends how bad its bent.. if its just a little bit bad and you wack it back into place it should still be fairly strong

I

infantry43RIDER

dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. post #7
well yea it will be still decently strong.
but not nearly how it was.

X

XIII

dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. post #8
what kinda forks are they?

N

n3lli

dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. post #9
thanks for the help guys.

and the fork is a haro. not sure which one tho. but prolly the crappest one coz i've got the haro TR 2.1 hehe :p

mayb i should just get a new bike.........i dunnoz'

S

sentaafEQpovar

dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. post #10
dude, its not lite the dropouts gonna break off if u bend it back, i dont see the point in getting new forks unless they bend from the top part cuz then ur steerings wobbly... or u have lots of money to replace the unesisarry, or u really need the speed that u will loose form slightly bent fdrop out

P

Pyro insaine

dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. post #11
Bummer Dude but u'll have to replace it, get a Odessy cause they gotta life time garrenty

RuLe

RuLe

dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. post #12
my friend bent hes haro forks like 6 or 7 months after he had the bike and all u do is return them and the shop returns it to the manufature and they send you new ones (same kind tho) but new

F

federal_rider12

dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. post #13
for me dependin on the severity of the bend i would try and bend it back and if it seems to weak ull have to get new forks oh yeah if ur goin to try and keep ridin them or bend them back make sure the welds rnt cracked

N

n3lli

dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. post #14
well i hammered the dropouts and they're now straighter then b4. but i found out that the axle is also bent, so i'll probably hav to get a new axle.

F

federal_rider12

dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. post #15
yeah those guys r weird most of the time ud think that the 40 was for like a chemical mixture but actually it took them 40 trys to make the water displacer(which is a rust prevention) and is also a degreaser

oh yeah get this there is a fan club for wd-40

S

sentaafEQpovar

dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. post #16
u dont need new forks just cause your drop outs are bent. sheesh.... imo at least... wht size xle u got dude? 3/8ths? cuase unless u practice being really really smooth, your gonna keep bending it

F

federal_rider12

dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. post #17
hahaha so thats where my reply went to god my computer and internet do sux if somehow i was on another topic and the reply was sent here

N

n3lli

dropouts on forks are bent. what should i do. post #18
yerp. i got 3/8" axles. =P

hahaha federal. i was wondering y u posted sumthing bout WD-40 when it was on another thread. :p

and i dunno if i still have warranty for my bike. but i'll dig around for the receipt and see.

New Topics