Drive train

• Discuss Drive train in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; Alright, guys. Do you have your drivetrain on the right or left side and why? Do you use a small drivetrain or regular sized sprocket and fw/cog and... ...
  • Tags bike
L

LuMpY

Drive train post #1
Alright, guys. Do you have your drivetrain on the right or left side and why? Do you use a small drivetrain or regular sized sprocket and fw/cog and why?

I have my stuff on the right because that's how I like it. I grind on my right side and I enjoy the occasional chain grind. I also use normal sized gears(44/16) because I think the small stuff looks funny and out of place, unless it's on a flatland bike.

I

infantry43RIDER

Drive train post #2
left side right here.
i grind on my right side and the reason i went left is because im just sick of (im not smooth) hitting my cassette cog and ****ing it up sometimes so now i don't worry about that shit....
and i run a 30-11 because i think it is so perfect.

L

LuMpY

Drive train post #3
Why the small gears though? I know you can get the same ratio w/bigger ones.

I

infantry43RIDER

Drive train post #4
yea i know.
i have no problem with bigger gear ratios...i love the 44-16 on some bikes...its look real nice...i just wanted a smaller gear...not for the light weight either just i thought it looked nicer.

O

oibmxpunx

Drive train post #5
i grind on my right side and im useing rhd and 29-11 gears i like runing a lower ratio i was rideing 39-15 so 29-11 equls out to the same ratio it just feels good to me and i think smaller gears look better

C

casperh

Drive train post #6
what is a driveside?

I

infantry43RIDER

Drive train post #7
whatever side your cassette cog or freewheel is on.

J

jamesfoster

Drive train post #8
I run 30 11 lsd. I don't really have a good reason to run lsd because I don't ride pegs anymore, but when I did ride pegs I ran them on the right and got used to lsd since then. I like the gearing because it saves weight and stays out of the way.

T

Tibro

Drive train post #10
all you that grind on your right.. are you right handed and right footed? or left? because im right handed/footed and although i havent even tried to grind yet, whenever i picture myself trying it in my mind i think i would feel more comfortable grinding on my left...

i was just wonderin if there was a pattern between what handed/footed you are and what side you grind

I

infantry43RIDER

Drive train post #11
there are a lot of riders like that though man.
you ride with your right foot forward?

T

Tibro

Drive train post #12
no when im bunny hoppin i have left forward.... although im right footed.. lol

i take it its usually the other way around?

i like my right foot back as it make me feel i have more control over the bike, as my stronger foot is controling the back of my bike and my hands are controling the front...

L

LuMpY

Drive train post #13
I am left handed, grind on the right, rotate best to the left, x-up to the right, and ride with my right foot forward.

T

Tibro

Drive train post #14
yea lumpy i think that is probably exactly opposite to me on everything as i am right footed/handed lol ;)

R

rocket

Drive train post #15
:arrow:

R

rocket

Drive train post #16
I ride 30-11 for three reasons...its feels way better than a 44-16 or 39-14, *i saved almost a pound of wieght*, and my sprocket dosent get in the way. ohh and a one peice 11T driver for a cassette is just awesome.

its on the right side because i grind on the left.

L

LuMpY

Drive train post #17
11/30 is almost the exact ratio as 44/16

R

rocket

Drive train post #18
LuMpY said:
11/30 is almost the exact ratio as 44/16
not really- its more closer to a 43-16 ....which was my favorite gearing before i changed to 30-11. ive noticed a lot of pros lately have been going with 30-11 too.

I

infantry43RIDER

Drive train post #19
thats because 30-11 is pretty much awesome.

F

federal_rider12

Drive train post #20
i use a 36/16 i want to run a cassette 13t instead of my freewheel and it is right side drive b/c i dont have the money right now to get nethin other then what i got and i grind my right side i would like to go left side drive but i dont care and do u mean a sprocket grind not chain grind

New Topics