drifting with no brakes

• Discuss drifting with no brakes in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i saw someone do it on the odyssey electronical video. if anyone could tell me how you do it, that'd be great :D oh, i read around. it's called... ...
M

mbers

drifting with no brakes post #1
i saw someone do it on the odyssey electronical video. if anyone could tell me how you do it, that'd be great :D

oh, i read around. it's called powersliding? :S

Last edited:
E

evilchris50

drifting with no brakes post #2
you bascclay just whip your back tire when your ridding on sand, and walla, you skid

chrome bmx

chrome bmx

drifting with no brakes post #3
gary young did it, you just much sure your front is guna stay put and trash out at the back

M

Mountain_goat

drifting with no brakes post #4
take your inside foot off too, its safer incase you loopout.

D

Dirt Method

drifting with no brakes post #5
watch a dirtbike vid to understand how your body positioning should be, i can do it at the beach ni the mornings on the board walk if theres sand on it, its done like flat track racing but your front tire has more of an angle rather than completely sideways.

Y

YahooNotSerious

drifting with no brakes post #6
Put your inside foot forward next to the front wheel to help you balance at first. I can even pull it on dry bitumen with this method. Just get your weight forward and turn hard suddenly. It also helps to be leaning the opposite way a little first. Once you get sliding push down on the inside bar to keep the front wheel gripping and counterbalance that with your outside foot on the pedal, just concentrate on keeping the front wheel pointing where you want to go and keeping the back wheel light enough to continue sliding, the foot forward helps with this.

Getting all your weight on the bars (and off the pedals) to initiate the slide is the key. It looks hard but it's a lot easier than turning nose manuals. The grippier the surface the faster you need to be going, crap tires help.

lewis211

lewis211

drifting with no brakes post #7
lean right over to one side (in this example ill use the left) really far with ur inside foot on the floor, u may find ur back wheel doesnt slide and your front wheel comes up but if you kick ur back end out its easy. this works well on concrete with dusty gravely stuff on it, grass is harder to do it on. i can do it on any surface, well not as well now i got my slick rear tyre. its really easy tho i can skid on any surface but i am not very good bmxer so u dont need to be able to do crazy ass tricks to do them.

Last edited:
D

Dropsonde

drifting with no brakes post #8
unweight the rear

New Topics