dreads

• Discuss dreads in the NBR - Not BMX Related forum in area BMX-Forum Community - more stuff; im geting dreads im like almost half way done they look f*cking sweet so far there kinda short right now tho cuz my hair is only 6 inch im going to... ...
O

oibmxpunx

dreads post #1
im geting dreads im like almost half way done they look f*cking sweet so far there kinda short right now tho cuz my hair is only 6 inch im going to finish them in a little bit im just takeing a brake cuz my arms are tired

C

casperh

dreads post #2
i want dreads for like 10 years but each time i have my hair pretty long im like 'mm i want it short', i cant take the step you know

W

William

dreads post #3
dreads are cool for headbanging with.

B

bones

dreads post #4
i had dread they kicked ass! :p

C

cpb rider

dreads post #5
take a picture when you finish them :)

O

oibmxpunx

dreads post #6
cpb rider said:
take a picture when you finish them :)
ok but im going to wait like a week so they look better

F

federal_rider12

dreads post #7
i got to see this

R

rocket

dreads post #8
no offense but "punk" and dreads dont go together??
i think there nappy, ugly, smelly, and made for hippies.
if you have the persona though, then go for it.
on some people they look cool but thats about it.

F

FOL

dreads post #9
who gives a shit about 'dreads' don' fit with your lifestyle or music or whatever..damn icerocket, I expected less 'category' thinking of you

S

sandmriderbmx

dreads post #10
i think dreads look ugly, im a short haired guy, but thts how it is when yur blonde, lol, i used to have my hair long but i just didnt like the way it looked, i dont think us blonde guys should have long hair

R

rocket

dreads post #11
FOL said:
who gives a shit about 'dreads' don' fit with your lifestyle or music or whatever..damn icerocket, I expected less 'category' thinking of you
well its just my opinion. i certainly dont give a shit about dreads...thats why i said what i did. sorry man, what works for some dont work for others.

O

oibmxpunx

dreads post #12
icerocket said:
no offense but "punk" and dreads dont go together??
i think there nappy, ugly, smelly, and made for hippies.
if you have the persona though, then go for it.
on some people they look cool but thats about it.
there not smelly every one thinks that thay dont smell like and thing u have to wash them and fenixbykeco said i was a hippie but im not at all im not even "punk" i just listen to the music im me i just do my own thing

C

cpb rider

dreads post #13
yeap, it's only a myth. dreads are not smelly and correctly done look very nice.

F

FOL

dreads post #14
icerocket said:
FOL said:
well its just my opinion. i certainly dont give a shit about dreads...thats why i said what i did. sorry man, what works for some dont work for others.
well I wasn't complaining about your negative opinion but the first like "do dreads and punk go together??"

R

rocket

dreads post #15
yea, that part of what i said isnt completely true so i see where you coming from but ive also been to 20 or more punk shows and ive never (or rarely) see a punk dude with dreads...

...which leads me to obibmxpunk. what you said fits the persona of having dreads almost perfect.
and what cpb rider said i agree with, except the "myth" of "smelling" is fact. most guys (even 1 of my friends) start there dreads and never wash their hair.
but "correctly done, look very nice" and washed in the process keep them (your hair) from smelling.

C

cpb rider

dreads post #16
not everyone knows that you can wash dreads (if you have them correctly done of course)

F

FOL

dreads post #17
w00t ? You can wash hair (in general) ??

C

cpb rider

dreads post #18
yes. but dreads must be correctly done. it means that you take some hair and braid one by one so finally you've got some kind of pipe. it's naturall. there is no...I don't know honey, water with sugar or any other weird thing. when your hair grow longer, then you braid them the same way.

F

FOL

dreads post #19
I always thought I would get bald of water...never touched it!

O

oibmxpunx

dreads post #20
cpb rider said:
yes. but dreads must be correctly done. it means that you take some hair and braid one by one so finally you've got some kind of pipe. it's naturall. there is no...I don't know honey, water with sugar or any other weird thing. when your hair grow longer, then you braid them the same way.
u dont braid them u back comb them to get them knoted up

New Topics