down hill and flatland dropped fron thw next x-games

• Discuss down hill and flatland dropped fron thw next x-games in the General BMX Forum forum in area BMX-Forum Community; as of 03-18-04 transworld has posted and article that says downhill and flat land were dropped from the upcoming x-games. i think this is crap and i... ...
  • Tags bike bmx dirt flatland vert
L

lobo_solitario

down hill and flatland dropped fron thw next x-games post #1
as of 03-18-04 transworld has posted and article that says downhill and flat land were dropped from the upcoming x-games. i think this is crap and i just wanted to let others know and get their opinions :evil:

S

Super S***

down hill and flatland dropped fron thw next x-games post #2
that f**kin sucks man. i dont actuly do downhill or flatland but i love to whatch them. theyre rly cool. do you know y?

I

infantry43RIDER

down hill and flatland dropped fron thw next x-games post #3
yea...its a bunch of bull that the x-games dropped them.
but obviously it was because they weren't getting enough money from having them on television...and its all about the money for the x-games.

but yea...i don't even do flat or ride downhill...but its a part of riding...as a whole...and if the x-games say they are about all these "extreme" sports i think they need to get real.

L

lobo_solitario

down hill and flatland dropped fron thw next x-games post #4
ESPN Drops Downhill BMX and Flatland from the X Games

03/18/2004

by Press Release
Downhill BMX and Flatland Competition Cancelled from 2004 X Games

Hello riders,

ESPN informed us late last week that Flatland and Downhill BMX will be dropped from the 2004 X Games. Over the past three years, the X Games have awarded $146,700 in prize money to Downhill BMX and quite a bit of exposure, along with giving you the opportunity to re-define BMX racing. Of course, we are very sorry to see DH BMX dropped from the event, but overall we feel very good about what we've collectively achieved over the past three years.

Now that we've shown how amazing DH BMX is and what the riders are capable of, we hope the NBL and UCI will continue to hold Downhill races. A huge thank you to all of the supporters, sponsors, riders' sponsors, and of course the riders themselves for helping make the dream come true.

It sickens us to see Flat dropped from the event. Flatland is a major staple in our sport and always will be one of the most amazing and evolving disciplines that has stemmed from Freestyle BMX. We will continue to work with ESPN in the hope to keep Flatland as involved and represented in one way or another.

If you have any questions please feel free to give us a call or write us an e-mail.

Phone: 405-528-2453 (528-bike)

Email: info@hsacentral.com

Please see the below statement from ESPN:

As the action sports landscape continues to evolve, the X Games has a responsibility to evolve with it. This is why each year we monitor and evaluate the most appropriate sports for inclusion in the upcoming X Games.

X Games has had seven successful years of Bike Stunt Flatland and three exciting years of Downhill BMX. We have enjoyed showcasing and working with the world-class athletes and we thank them for their dedication to their sport. Our evaluation of sports in the X Games includes a sports' progression, growth, and infrastructure, as well as a review of viewership, spectator, demographic, and psychographic as they pertain to that sport. Results of these factors have led us to the decision of not including Flatland and Downhill BMX in X Games this year. We continue to work with our valuable partner the Hoffman Sports Association (HSA) in their role as sport organizer for the Bike Stunt events at X Games: Vert, Park and Dirt.

Features Archives
Tell us in the
MSG BOARDS

M

Mr_Shrapnel

down hill and flatland dropped fron thw next x-games post #5
GOOD!!!! HAHAHAH THE X GAYMES SUCK, THERE SHOULD BE A S LITTLE BMX IN THE X GAYMES AS POSSIBLE!!!

C

casperh

down hill and flatland dropped fron thw next x-games post #6
whow man. dot get too excited... if x games sto to do it it ll be like a month or so that othr companies make such a thing like it also to eanr money etc... any managers here? this is prolly the whole in the market or something.. whow dont gt too excited

dirt_jumping_maniac

dirt_jumping_maniac

down hill and flatland dropped fron thw next x-games post #7
The x-games provides major advertising for these sports, makin kids wanna get out and do them. Also major advertising for bike companies, this sucks! Im a dirt biker, as you can see, but im still interested in flat land and downhill. I even do some flatland tricks when i want to! but yeah this sucks!

W

William

down hill and flatland dropped fron thw next x-games post #8
THAT ****ING SUCKS :twisted: ! flat land and downhill are two important areas of the bike market, it is a shame that the x-games producers can't see the importance of having these sports on tv, to generate positive publicity for these rather "underground" sports. its a ****ing shame the world is run on money! :twisted:

X Boarder

X Boarder

down hill and flatland dropped fron thw next x-games post #9
I know this is a stupid question but every year i catch some of the X Games but always forget when they are on. When will they be on TV this year?? What channel??

Canadian_BMX

Canadian_BMX

down hill and flatland dropped fron thw next x-games post #10
lol...

O

oibmxpunx

down hill and flatland dropped fron thw next x-games post #11
wtf man thats just *** man they have bull shit stuff on there like street luge wtf is that about and rock climbing that shit is *** and fag booters yeah thos things are extreme rideing a bike down the rode is more extreme then thos things
flatland is where bmx started its not most inporten part of bmx. bmx would not be where it is if it was not for flatland. and down hill and raceing is the hardest part of bmx and little mistake u will lose and/or crash

T

The Worst

down hill and flatland dropped fron thw next x-games post #12
Hmmmm well I guess I am not supporting X games this year....all I watch is flatland...and dirt....

THATS HORRIBLE!!!! We should start a petion to get rollerblading removed....:p.....

S

Super S***

down hill and flatland dropped fron thw next x-games post #13
Mr_Shrapnel said:
GOOD!!!! HAHAHAH THE X GAYMES SUCK, THERE SHOULD BE A S LITTLE BMX IN THE X GAYMES AS POSSIBLE!!!

yep
cuz they just suck.
if you dontb put all aspects of bmx in it then dont put any of it in

L

leon_luxton

down hill and flatland dropped fron thw next x-games post #14
ah who cares man..flatland gets nothing from x-games,just people go to get money,its never on TV or nuttin,it gives flatland a bad repitation :evil: so its for the best people :D

New Topics