DocEkimov's Stolen Wrap

• Discuss DocEkimov's Stolen Wrap in the Bike Check forum in area BMX Forum Show-Off; Hey, this is m first bike check :). The bike is pretty much stock -- I'm not really posting this one up to be impressive or anything. The weather's... ...
D

DocEkimov

DocEkimov's Stolen Wrap post #1
Hey, this is m first bike check :). The bike is pretty much stock -- I'm not really posting this one up to be impressive or anything. The weather's kind of crappy over here, so I can't ride, and I don't really have much else to do :roll:. This is an 08 Stolen Wrap.
Specs
Frame - Stolen Wrap, 100% 4130 chromoly frame
Fork - Stolen Chromoly fork
Bars - Stolen Tall Boy
Barends - plastic ones, presumably Stolen
Stem - Stolen Frontload Alloy Stem
Grips - Stolen Money grips
Headset - Cane Creek integrated
Seatpost Clamp - unknown, presumably Stolen
Seatpost - unknown, presumably Stolen
Seat - Stolen M-Boss
Rear Wheel - Alex Y303 w/ sealed 36H 14mm
Front Wheel - Alex Y303 w/ 48H 14mm rear cassette w/ 12T cog
Cranks -3 piece tubular cro-mo crankset (mid BB) w/ Stolen 33T class ring chainwheel
Pedals - Odyssey Twisted PC
Sprocket - Stolen Alloy
Chain - KMC
Brakes - Tektro 907
Tyres - Odyssey Aitken
Mods - none
Pictures

H

Hermes

DocEkimov's Stolen Wrap post #2
nice dude!!!

the ace of spade

the ace of spade

DocEkimov's Stolen Wrap post #3
i'm definantly digging the black and white

chrome bmx

chrome bmx

DocEkimov's Stolen Wrap post #4
Black and white the way to gooo !

S

STLNRider13

DocEkimov's Stolen Wrap post #5
I used to have one of these, the best hting on it imo, was the grips, the cranks are unsealed, cassettes unsealed, bars have no knurling.

D

DocEkimov

DocEkimov's Stolen Wrap post #6
I used to have one of these, the best hting on it imo, was the grips, the cranks are unsealed, cassettes unsealed, bars have no knurling.
I know the cranks are unsealed I'm fairly certain that my first upgrade is going to be a new set of cranks), but I'm pretty sure that the cassettes are sealed on the 08 model and the bars do have knurling where they connect to the stem and yes, the grips are pretty comfy. Anyways, thanks for all of the positive feedback.

E

EasternFoLife

DocEkimov's Stolen Wrap post #7
Looks sweeet dude especially for a first. To much white though.. i think.

bmxad123

bmxad123

DocEkimov's Stolen Wrap post #8
looks pretty good i dont like the stem tho

S

STLNRider13

DocEkimov's Stolen Wrap post #9
I know the cranks are unsealed I'm fairly certain that my first upgrade is going to be a new set of cranks), but I'm pretty sure that the cassettes are sealed on the 08 model and the bars do have knurling where they connect to the stem and yes, the grips are pretty comfy. Anyways, thanks for all of the positive feedback.
Lol wow then I got jipped, my cassette was unsealed and my bars had no knurling.

oh and also, find a stock sealed eastern 8 spline and swap spindles, thats what I did, way cheaper.

Last edited:
aldrix

aldrix

DocEkimov's Stolen Wrap post #10
I like it ... so much so that I have one sitting at home too :)
What's weird though is that mine came with a black seat - the other stolen model seat, not sure why ... maybe someone at Dan'sComp wanted the white one? :p I was a little sad it wasn't white, but no biggie I guess.

The unsealed BB is a point of sadness for me too as just a couple days of riding got some dirt in there and now my bike is a creaker, can't sneak up on anyone that's for sure haha. Going to get some solvent and grease tomorrow to take care of that for now.

oh and also, find a stock sealed eastern 8 spline and swap spindles, thats what I did, way cheaper.
Wait, really?! You can do that? Man, I thought that would be great since it would mean not having to get all new cranks, but it seemed like I couldn't find the right spindle for it. I'm at work atm, so I can't really shop around online for the spindle, but mind if I ask where you got it and if you have a link? That would be great! Otherwise, no big deal, I'll search my brains out when I get home.

And yeah, my hubs were sealed, but I don't think the bars had knurling.

D

DocEkimov

DocEkimov's Stolen Wrap post #11
I'll look into swapping spindles with the eastern, that sounds way cheaper than having to buy a whole new crankset. Thanks for the tip.

T

twiztidbmxfreak1

DocEkimov's Stolen Wrap post #12
still looks nice and its better then not riding anything at all

New Topics