do you ride gyro or straight cable?

• Discuss do you ride gyro or straight cable? in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; i was just wondering who rides gyros and straight cables cuz when i switched from gyro to straight cable i felt it was much beter. the results were... ...
  • Tags bike bmx
P

[PRIMO]

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #1
i was just wondering who rides gyros and straight cables cuz when i switched from gyro to straight cable i felt it was much beter. the results were smoother braking,stronger beaking better lever snap back. it just makes your braking better overall. that my opinion :bmx_rulez:

F

federal_rider12

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #2
well a straight cable gives a bit better braking, and i ride straight cable and i wont change now and im not going with any other cable then odyssey linear slic. man the housing on it is thick tough and cant kink and no matter how wound up it is the brakes work the same. im so glad i got this cable over odyssey slic cable

F

FOL

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #3
I run gyro's on both my bikes. I was talking to Paul from Paulsboutique.nl and he is riding for over 25 years and says it is bullshit that gyro's have less braking power if you set them up correctly...

L

leon_luxton

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #4
well i ride flatland so spin every were...muhahah so have to have a gyro BUT i got rid of my gyro and back brake so my bike feels SMOOTHER and LIGHTER..woot :D

C

cpb rider

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #5
I ride breakless :D

F

FT rider

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #6
i ride brakeless thats best

F

FT rider

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #7
best for me anyways
not trying to preach or nothing

S

sandmriderbmx

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #8
BRAKELESS AND PROUD!

C

cpb rider

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #9
sandmriderbmx said:
BRAKELESS AND PROUD!
it sounds almost like a **** slogan :wink:

O

oibmxpunx

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #10
straight cable

I

infantry43RIDER

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #11
none.

E

EPMD

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #12
I got too pissed at gyro and brakes so im brakeless now :D

S

sandmriderbmx

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #13
ditto

F

federal_rider12

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #14
yeah a gyro will almost be the same as a straight but its still not going to be as good as a straight because it has more moving parts. even if you set them up great they still dont compare to a straight cable because the power from the lever is direct straight to the brake while a gyro has to be redirected many times losing braking power through all those points

C

cav89

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #15
i run agyro, simply becus i am trying to learn barspins and tailwhips in the air and i find them easir:D

but now ill rebutt(argue)

WHAT DOES IT MATTER???!!!!!

dont ask, just go out, buy a straight cable or gyro, and try it out, or ride someone elses.......whatever feels good to YOU is what makes the bike unique, makes you better, and makes you happy....if we all say straight and you go straight, youll most likely be unhappy cus its not what YOU wanted........

just my opinion

cav

Clutch

Clutch

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #16
I ride both...

T

Trimix

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #17
Clutch said:
I ride both...
Cool. Best answer yet.

Even though I still can't get my gyro adjusted right, :oops: I want to. I want to run a gyro simply because it makes more sense to have the option, if it works as well as straight. I hear all the complaining about "gyro's suck", and "people can't get them figured out"......seems like brakeless is the way to go.

However, I still see someone who is "pro" pull outragious backwheel tricks with a gyro. I KNOW people who say gyro's rule, they JUST have to be adjusted right. I tend to think more along these lines, and want to get mine adjusted correctly.

I think it is all in the spacers........ :?:

E

EPMD

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #18
I spent a ****in hour this morning trying to get my god damn gyro to work because i had to put it on to goto this place.. and it still wasnt good too!

P

[PRIMO]

do you ride gyro or straight cable? post #19
yeah i was running gyro for awihle but i could never get the gyro to get the braking power i want so i put a stright cable(leniar cable if you will) and it works just great . you can put enough slack on it for barspins and whips. but i need brakes

New Topics