DK Four Pack vs. DK Cleveland

• Discuss DK Four Pack vs. DK Cleveland in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I've got it narrowed down to the DK Four Pack and the DK Cleveland. I'm 22, 6'1", 170 lbs. I ride a steady combo of street and dirt. I'm torn... ...
  • Tags bike bikes shop

Which bike if money didn't matter?

• DK Cleveland

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
T

tgreathead

DK Four Pack vs. DK Cleveland post #1
I've got it narrowed down to the DK Four Pack and the DK Cleveland.

I'm 22, 6'1", 170 lbs. I ride a steady combo of street and dirt.

I'm torn: The Four Pack is all chromo but no front brakes and the Cleveland's got front brakes but only chromo main frame (steel fork). Other than that they seem to be almost identical. I definately want to stay stock for a while but upgrade when the time comes.

There's a good possibility the bikes may be from 2003 (might get a deal if I jump back a year). Any differences you guys know of from 03-04?

What do you guys think?

R

rocket

DK Four Pack vs. DK Cleveland post #2
well i just posted about you asking about the Eight Pack...and here you are asking about the Six Pack. if you have the money..the Six Pack is one of the best bikes you can possibly get. there is no comparison between the 8 or the 6. if you got the 6, it very well would last you a very long time and its worth every cent.

T

tgreathead

DK Four Pack vs. DK Cleveland post #3
you misread...Four Pack.

I found a great deal at a local shop. It may be a 2003 (did they even make it in 03?). Brakes are actually a decent issue for me. I get really pissed off if I can't stop when I want to. The Cleveland's got front & rear, whereas the 4 Pack's only got rear. HOWEVER, the 4 Pack's all chromo.

Would it be worth it to get the Four Pack and add the front brake later if I need it?

R

rocket

DK Four Pack vs. DK Cleveland post #4
tgreathead said:
you misread...Four Pack.

I found a great deal at a local shop. It may be a 2003 (did they even make it in 03?). Brakes are actually a decent issue for me. I get really pissed off if I can't stop when I want to. The Cleveland's got front & rear, whereas the 4 Pack's only got rear. HOWEVER, the 4 Pack's all chromo.

Would it be worth it to get the Four Pack and add the front brake later if I need it?
no, i didnt misread, in your other topic you mentioned the Eight Pack and thats what i was refering to. duh :wink:
the front brakes dont even matter unless you want to ride flat or some serious vert riding. i cant remember if DK made a 4 pack in 03' but if its full cromo, then id say, yes, its very worth adding front brakes to it later on.

S

slappyslapnuts

DK Four Pack vs. DK Cleveland post #5
erm my friends 4pack has front breaks... its illigal to sell them without if ur buying from a normal bike shop except if it doesnt come with the break lugs, my federal complete said no fronts but came with them so get the 4 pack the frame is much better... which is more expensive a new frame?? or new breaks... You would have to be stupid not to get this.

F

federal_rider12

DK Four Pack vs. DK Cleveland post #6
4 pack for sure. it was way better and it has a full chromoly frame unlike the cleveland. get the 4 pack hands down

New Topics