DK Crank Noise

• Discuss DK Crank Noise in the BMX Bike Tech forum in area BMX-Forum Community; I was riding my DK 4 pack this morning and i have noticed a "grinding" noise coming from the crank, I can only hear it when peddling. Any ideas ... ...
  • Tags bike cranks dirt shop
F

felling crew

DK Crank Noise post #1
I was riding my DK 4 pack this morning and i have noticed a "grinding" noise coming from the crank, I can only hear it when peddling. Any ideas ?

(The bike is only a month or so old)

O

oibmxpunx

DK Crank Noise post #2
can u tell if its ur bb or pedals?

it might be ur bearings

is ur bb sealed?

if not u might have some dirt in there same with ur pedals

F

felling crew

DK Crank Noise post #3
If it is some dirt whats the best way to get it out ?

R

rocket

DK Crank Noise post #4
felling crew said:
If it is some dirt whats the best way to get it out ?
since you dont really know where its comming from.,,,DO THIS: Buy some good quality teflon oil (from a bike shop)- then squeeze 1 drop in each pedal bearing and in each crank bearing...and hell, while your at drop a little onto your chain. Problem solved. if that dont work, then come back. :p

F

felling crew

DK Crank Noise post #5
cheers mate, will let you know what happen

M

Mr_Shrapnel

DK Crank Noise post #6
yeah, its probably just that the cranks need greasing up, but if it continues, you should take it to a bike shop, cos if a bearing is out of alignment, or you have got some grit in you bearings, this will cause your bearings to wear down really quickly, thus resulting in a pain in the rectum and a waste of money.

X

XIII

DK Crank Noise post #7
If your bearings are sealed then Dirt can't get into the baerings...a lot of crsanks make noises...it happens when they get worn in and like i said to Rule...

"Cranks will make noises after they are a little used... there is probably nothing wrong with them. When your cranks snap and you bust your nuts on your top tube...then you know there is a problem with them."

F

felling crew

DK Crank Noise post #8
The crank is sealed i think and the noise only happens when you put a bit of pressure on the pedals (stand up) the chain is fine all oiled and tight enough. Any ideas ? i noticed a load of alen key holes on the pedals and around the crank anything need doing with these ?

The pedals have taken a bit of a beating with all the attempted bar spins and fire hydran bails could this have anything to do with it ?

New Topics